PDA

View Full Version : Bed, Bath and Beyond Coupon Policy Change?????

Princess Glenda
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm hoping some of you can share your recent experience while using coupons for Bed, Bath and Beyond. In the past our B, B and B has taken out of date coupons. In fact, I think I found out about this through the DISBoards. Tonight when I handed the cashier my coupons he said that the corporate office had ruled that they could no longer take expired coupons. What is your store doing? Not a big deal now that I know--I'll just be sure to use them before they expire, but I just wanted to know if this is nationwide or just my B, B and B.

Topper
08-20-2005, 07:20 AM
This issued is addressed in the FAQ section of their website:

http://*******.com/88wga

bdcp
08-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Ours has always taken expired ones and a friend of mine at a different store uses multiple ones on the same purchase. I'll have to see next time I go if they'll take one of the 3 I have in my purse that have expired. :rotfl:

maggiew
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
I used an expired one last weekend at my store. She didn't even look at the date, so I am not sure if she just didn't notice or if they didn't care.

Maggie

bethyg
08-20-2005, 09:59 AM
I was told by our local BBB store manager that the U.S. postal service requires a "use by/expiration" date in order for advertisements, etc...... to be mailed. The store mgr. stated postal regulations was the only reason their coupons had expiration dates, and therefore any BBB or Linens-n-things coupon would be honored at anytime. I think I would ask to speak to your local store manager to receive a post-purchase discount/rebate for the coupon that should've been honored.

CarolA
08-20-2005, 10:45 AM
I was told by our local BBB store manager that the U.S. postal service requires a "use by/expiration" date in order for advertisements, etc...... to be mailed. The store mgr. stated postal regulations was the only reason their coupons had expiration dates, and therefore any BBB or Linens-n-things coupon would be honored at anytime. I think I would ask to speak to your local store manager to receive a post-purchase discount/rebate for the coupon that should've been honored.

According to the FAQ you are suppose to use the coupons before they expire. The only thing that indicates that they "should have been honored" is your past experience. As a general rule of thumb for merchants... if it expires, you can't use it... you may get exceptions, but to be on the safe side I would never assume this.

Donnask8pro
08-20-2005, 10:51 AM
MIne always takes them. I always keep old ones. I was once told they accept all old one, but I assume that policy may have changed.

Tigger&Belle
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM
I used expired coupons when buying a few items a couple weeks ago. Not only that, but I gave the cashier several coupons for what I'd bought that day--one $5 off coupon and a couple 20% off coupons and I didn't have to ring things up separately to take advantage of the different coupons.

I'll ask the next time I'm in to see if the policy has changed in our stores.

T&B

poohj80
08-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Our BB&B is still accepting expired coupons as well as LnT coupons and allows us to use as many coupons as items we purchase (can't use more than one coupon per item).

umaangel00
08-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Our still take expired coupons. I used to work for BBB and it's their policy to honor them.

Ever_After
08-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Ours still take expired ones but I didn't know that I can (maybe) use more than one coupons on multiple purchases! princess glenda, maybe you got a newbie cashier?

wdwstar
08-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Our BBB still takes the expired coupons, thank Goodness.... I had shower after shower after shower and wedding after wedding after wedding....
i just finally made my last purchase this past saturday and they took all my expired coupons. :goodvibes

RumpleMom
08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I shopped at my BB&B the third week of July. My expired coupon was accepted, but I was told that soon expired coupons would not be accepted.

bdcp
08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I personally think that's why a lot of people shop there. They may see it affect sales if they change the policy. We shall see. It's a great place for wedding, shower and dorm purchases. Bot my boys' dorm rooms were outfitted from BB&B.

jwfla422
08-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I service about 8 Bed, Bath & Beyond stores in my area. The products I service are right by the customer service area and up to today, I consistently hear the employees there say that they honor all competitor coupons as well as expired ones...so you may have want to address that question to one of the managers next time you are in that particular location.

mom24/7
08-22-2005, 09:44 PM
I have used multiple coupons as various BBB stores in TX, MS, and MO...you cannot use multiple coupons on the same item but it you have 3 coupons and 3 items (20% one item coupons) you can use up those expired coupons on one trip :banana:

mcorbo
08-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I have used multiple coupons as various BBB stores in TX, MS, and MO...you cannot use multiple coupons on the same item but it you have 3 coupons and 3 items (20% one item coupons) you can use up those expired coupons on one trip :banana:

Not only was I told this past weekend that they no longer honor expired coupons, they will no longer allow you to bring in a coupon to get a price adjustment on a prior purchase. We used to do this all the time when we forgot to bring our coupons with us.