PDA

View Full Version : Orville Reddenbacher Kettle Korn

Grumpy's Gal
08-19-2005, 08:43 PM
I am addicted to this stuff. Anyone know how to make it at home from plain popcorn? I had it for the first time this week and I LOVE it. :cool1:

lailah
08-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Add me to the addiction! When I tried it for the first time, I was hooked! :teeth: Good thing I'm the only one in my family that does, because then I have it all to myself!!! :banana:

DianeV
08-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Try the Orville Corn on the Cob microwave popcorn, yum!

marcyinPA
08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I love it too! I don't know EXACTLY how to make it at home, but when I was on Weight Watchers, I used to air pop popcorn in the microwave, spritz it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, and sprinkle it with Splenda and salt. Gave it a good shake, and it was pretty good! Not just like REAL kettle corn, but good enough for very few points!

mum4jenn
08-20-2005, 10:33 AM
I am sure glad someone likes it out there!!! I got some and I think it is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you all like it though!!!!!

Diz-Mommy
08-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Try working for the company that makes it! I can get it all the time. It is very tempting sometimes but sooner or later you get over it. I have to say with them having so many different flavors; my favorite is called "Tender White". I have tried them all and by far that is the best one. You should give it a try your self and let me know what you think of it.

armywife
08-21-2005, 01:08 AM
I had a recipe for it - but can't seem to locate it. The secret is to have the oil hot in the pan before adding sugar (1/2 cup if I remember right) then the popcorn kernals. I shake it around a bit so it doesn't burn and the kernals get evenly distributed with the carmelized sugar. I have burnt several batches, but when it turns out it is really good!