PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

FirstTimer
08-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Gas prices in NJ and NY are ridiculous! It's gotten so bad I've become desperate. I keep getting these e-mails saying free (well $1000) gas if I complete 3 sponsor offers (mostly credit card offers but there are some pay only s&h) now if I complete 3 offers which all together is well under $1000 (maybe $20 at the most) they'll give me $1000 worth of gas to gas station of my choice. Sounds to good to be true, anyone try this. :dog2: <---just like this smiley :dog: this one too

MyGoofy26
08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't know about the one you're talking about in particular, but be careful. Do a search for reviews of whatever company it is. I've heard that a lot of the ones that want you to complete 3 offers (or however many) for a big 'prize' like ends up costing more than the prize. You have to complete 1 from three different levels of offers. So whatever you're seeing on the first set of offers, you can't complete 3 of those and be done with it. It's very misleading the way they advertise it, telling you to complete 3 offers and giving you free or few dollar options at first. What really happens in most of these is that you complete one of those cheap or free ones, then you go to the next level which has more expensive options. .. then complete that and move to the next level which has still more expensive options.

I've read a few reviews where people have been scammed for a LOT of money and never made it to the point of completely fulfilling their requirements to get the prize. So make sure you're dealing with a legit company before you do anything.

crabmeal
08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Like Goofy said a lot of them don;t tell you the fine print. As you go up the levels, the choices become more limited and harder to complete. I feel your pain being a NYer- we're going to Jersey Sunday and I'm waiting to fill up myn minivan.

BostonTink85
08-19-2005, 10:30 PM
How much is it in ny/nj, I'm just wonderin because around Boston it's about 2.77 +/- a few cents.

All I can say is thank god we don't have a SUV. People are crazy to have those nowadays! How do they afford to fill their tank ??!!!

momm2four
08-20-2005, 09:07 AM
We drive a mini-van and it cost around $50 to fill ours up today. Gas here in Chattanooga is around $2.51 Whew...I remember several months ago being shocked at $1.75 Now, that sounds like a bargain.

Lori P. :)

:earseek: (<----me, at the pump this morning)

CalvaryMike
08-20-2005, 10:14 AM
We've already gone over the $3.00 mark in Newport Beach, CA (and that's for regular)!! Time to get a hybrid! :moped:

umaangel00
08-20-2005, 10:15 AM
While I hate the gas prices here (2.79/gallon) you have to realize that we are still cheap compared to the rest of the world. We are spoiled because gas prices have been cheapier in the past, when in fact they have been cheapier than everywhere else and we are just not catching up. Everywhere else but the US is closer to 5-8/gallon. So while we think prices are high, they aren't that high in comparison.

Franne
08-20-2005, 10:57 AM
I am in NJ and it's $2.49 a gallon for unleaded! :earseek:
Worst part is, tonight I am driving to South Carolina!! :guilty:
Oh well, I guess I'll just grin and bear it, nothing else I can do! :confused3