PDA

View Full Version : For those in the Southeast who drive to WDW...

HeatherPage
08-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have any idea what is the most frequent gas station/co. on the I-95 route? (we're driving from appx. Raleigh, NC). I was hoping to pre-purchase a gas gift card for the drive down and back (to budget for and get this expense out of the way before our trip even begins). Shell, Exxon, BP? Anyone with any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Thanks in advance!

greatdanedisney
08-18-2005, 12:52 PM
We've from Winston-Salem, and have driven down I-95 the past 2 years to WDW (get to fly this year! Yeah!!). We always try to stop at BP's and have never had a problem finding one, so I feel like that would be a safe bet.

You can probably do a search on the internet for all Shell, BP, etc. I think that would show you too.

Good luck & have a great trip!

HeatherPage
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks so much and have a great trip yourself!

blondimom
08-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm from New York, but I drive frequently to Florida both for WDW and to see family. I'm not sure which gas station is best, but I will say that you should try and fill up in Georgia-the prices seem to be best there.. :moped:

welovedisneyx4
08-18-2005, 02:47 PM
What about getting one of the Visa gift cards? They would pretty much be accepted anywhere.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea, I might have to consider that. Even though we are flying (from RDU in fact!), we could use it for the gas for the rental car when we get there.

ziggystardust
08-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I was wondering this too, easier just to swipe a card at the pump rather than going to find an attendant.

I was also thinking about the Visa Travel Money card (you can get it through Visa or AAA) but I think the min. purchase amount is $250, after that it works like a debit/check card. I obviously waited too long to get one, but it looked promising.

LorieDisneyLover
08-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Last month when we made the trip from Virginia we used a ton of Shell gas cards ... never had a problem at any of the places we stopped at along 95 ... every exit had a Shell ... and usually an Exxon.

Lorie

HeatherPage
08-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Great thanks everyone! I'll have to check out the Visa gift card idea. I just hate having to take time out of my fun on vacation to deduct from/balance our checking account (via our debit card). WeloveDisneyx4 - I actually used to live in Roanoke, VA (though I was like 5 years old and only remember we lived next to some mountain - I think).