PDA

View Full Version : A light went on... how I'm saving for my vacation

2angelsinheaven
08-18-2005, 04:59 AM
If your paid every other week, here is an easy, painless way to save for a vacation. There are a few months a year where you get an "extra" check in a month... for me it works out great since DFiance and I get paid alternating weeks we get four such checks. We are able to save around $3,000 this way yearly and then we also instituted a overtime rule, meaning if we get more than expected in a check because of overtime we deduct that amount from the deposit and put it into savings. Also anytime we are "free" from a bill payment, ie; insurance renewal month, etc. That goes there too! Because of this we will be going cruising again in December because I get my extra check next payday, I also am working 35 hours of overtime this pay period and our insurance is up for renewal. Yahoo! :cool1:

Dreamer04
08-18-2005, 05:10 AM
Very nice! I love how you think! I'm looking for new stratagies myself.

I'm thinking of selling some of my DD clothes on ebay. She's got some beautiful things from Hanna Andersson, Jacadi and such. Still timid of this, though.

2angelsinheaven
08-18-2005, 05:18 AM
I'm also going to start ebay again, I look for really good clearance deals and then resell. I once got 15 purses from Claire's that are normal retail of $20 or more for only $5 total. I'm going to resell them soon.

staceyfe
08-18-2005, 08:02 AM
We've done the "extra paycheck a month" for years. It's great: 4 -5 times a year you have a whole other paycheck. I've always thought it's better to budget by the month rather than by the paycheck. It's hard to convince people, though.

MickeyMonstersMom
08-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Great idea! In the past I have had the money earmarked for other things, but I think I'll try saving it for Disney - I'd certainly be smiling as I made those deposits!