PDA

View Full Version : AirTran fares dropped - now what?

mjh8955
08-17-2005, 06:59 PM
We bought 7 tickets last week (from Indianapolis 10/29 - 11/5). Today I saw that the fares dropped $40. Does anyone know if we can rebook somehow? What is AirTran's policy and how do we go about this? Thanks!!

ceecee
08-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Same thing happened to us with our Airtran flight. I didn't bother calling because when I booked it said non-refundable, I doubt there is anything to do at this point.

GrumpyBa*D
08-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I believe it's 50 a piece change so not worth it...but you mise well call and see...

WonderWomanDC
08-17-2005, 08:01 PM
This happened to me on our last trip. I was really mad and I called, but they wouldn't do anything about it :(

ZanneMarie
08-17-2005, 08:57 PM
I am always so afraid that this will happen to me that once I buy tickets at a price that I am completly satisfied with I don't go back and check. If I did and the prices had gone down.....I would be sooo mad at myself and would have a hard time getting over it!! That being said I violated my own rule last week seeing if I could get friends tickets for the same day at the same price..... I was very relieved to see they had gone up $60!!!!

mjh8955
08-18-2005, 09:43 AM
I sent an e-mail to AirTran with our confirmation number last night and asked about rebooking at the lower rate. I got a nice note this morning from them; they rebooked our flights at the lower rates and gave us a $210 credit good for a year. Guess it pays to ask. :wave:

Piecey
08-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah.. I'm an online travel agent and a lot of airlines have downgrade policies in this case. They'd rather lose a little money than lose your business!

herekitty99
08-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I booked my AirTran reservations back in February. My brother and his wife who are also going along found out that they are having a baby and would now be flying. I booked their flights for them about a month ago. We had paid 109 each way, they got them for 89 each way. I asked about getting a credit and was told that I couldn't. I also became a little peturbed when I went into my reservation on line and found that they had changed my flights to the same ones that I had just got done booking for my brother. I originally had non-stop flights both ways at the times that worked best for our family. Now we have a layover flight going leaving earlier in the day and a nonstop flight returning leaving FL much later than we wanted. It specifically says on their sight that if changes have to be made they will contact you as soon as possible. I was not notified by email until 2 weeks after I had already found out about the change. This was very annoying. But what can you expect for such cheap fares.

Piecey
08-19-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't want to get you too excited, but call them herekitty99

I work as an Expedia "Online Travel Agent" and am currently being trained to deal with these kinds of problems.. and *again, not sure if its works for general public (dont know why it wouldnt, tho)* there is such a thing called a Rule 240 Unacceptable Schedule Change Refund.. call them, tell them you're not happy and that you don't want to fly the later flight.. they might just help you