PDA

View Full Version : Totally Had Enough...

Natalie_UK
08-17-2005, 06:00 PM
...im Sick And Tired Of People Grillin Disney Because Of All The Very Unfortunate Deaths That Have Happened.it Sad To See People Being That Mean Bout Disney Its Not There Fault...:-(does Anyone Agree????

byoung
08-17-2005, 07:34 PM
I agree :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana:

indigoxtreme
08-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Just another case of the Liberal Media trying to sell news. Yes I agree with you....

owtrbnks
08-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I too, agree. :flower:

Natalie_UK
08-17-2005, 08:03 PM
glad to no i dont stand alone

kimatigger
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
I agree. A bunch of sad and unfortunate events totally unrelated.

jarestel
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Exactly! What we need here in the land of the free is a news media that only puts out government approved stories. Or at least Disney approved ones!

jordgubben
08-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Just another case of the Liberal Media trying to sell news.

Precisely the reason why I get all of my news from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart!

Oy vey!

Natalie_UK
08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
i never here any of it on the new i read it all of other chat forums and its sux seeing people bad mouthing disney it makes me wanna do this :badpc:

akamom
08-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Precisely the reason why I get all of my news from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart!

Oy vey!

I agree, and I also watch the Daily show for my news.

MickiM
08-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Exactly! What we need here in the land of the free is a news media that only puts out government approved stories. Or at least Disney approved ones!

I believe they practiced that once upon a time in Germany. I don't think that worked out well for them.

anyways, I can't think of a better place to die.
I don't blame them.

Natalie_UK
08-18-2005, 08:36 AM
anyways, I can't think of a better place to die.
I don't blame them.
:wave2: totally agree

kellyf2626
08-18-2005, 08:49 AM
I totally agree that it is soooooo frustrating! :headache: I mean, honestly, millions of people go to WDW every year. :crowded: I do not think that it is strange that 4/1,000,000,000+ people tragically die from explained/unexplained health reasons. It isn't Disney's fault!!!! :earseek:

So, I am terrified of flying, and I was talking about it with my MIL. She says "I wouldn't be afraid of flying as much as I would going on the rides in the parks!" :badpc: :badpc:

AHHHHHH! The terrible news people are tainting the minds of people everywhere!

MariettaC
08-18-2005, 09:09 AM
I agree. :wave2:

babiesX2
08-18-2005, 09:27 AM
I agree. Just because someone becomes severely ill while visiting a Disney park does not equate to Disney being at fault. Sometimes people choose to ignore warnings and decide to experience an attraction anyway. More than once I've seen people with neck braces riding thrill rides at Disney. Just imagine all the people who ride with non-visible ailments.

thelionqueen
08-18-2005, 09:40 AM
If you think about how many MILLIONS of people visit a Disney Park every year, someone is going to have problems there. Doesn't necessarily mean that Disney is at fault, just the timing.

For example the last couple of deaths have had NOTHING to do with the parks! People just unexplicably pass out, have heart attacks and die.

While I am very sorry for this happening to these people, I think these tragedies would probably occured at the same time no matter where they were.

I think that considering the amount of guests, the amount of deaths is incredibly low! Just my thoughts

Natalie_89
08-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree. Just because someone becomes severely ill while visiting a Disney park does not equate to Disney being at fault. Sometimes people choose to ignore warnings and decide to experience an attraction anyway. More than once I've seen people with neck braces riding thrill rides at Disney. Just imagine all the people who ride with non-visible ailments. thats totally true...i dont think a 4 yr old should have been riding mission space anyway its seems really young to go on a ride like that!!

POB14
08-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Not sure what these stories have to do with the media being "liberal", but certainly there has been nothing other than coincidence of time to link these stories, and it would be nice if the reports could at least say so.

Obviously the events need to be reported, and the incidents need to be investigated, but it would seem more fair to follow "this is the Xth incident in Y months at WDW" with "There is no evidence to suggest that the incidents are related in any way."

jordgubben
08-18-2005, 10:29 AM
I believe they practiced that once upon a time in Germany. I don't think that worked out well for them.

Further evidence that people in the midwest just don't understand sarcasm. :earboy2:

To comment on the above posters message, when the Mission:Space thing happened I DID hear one report that mentioned that something like 8.6 million people had ridden the attraction since it opened. Information like that puts things in perspective rather quickly.

Rustyflwr3
08-18-2005, 10:38 AM
The girl who recently died is from where I live, and to tell you the truth, the media hasn't gotten out of hand. From what i have seen, nobody was blowing things way out of proportion and blaming it on Disney. I obviously don't know what its like everywhere, but thought i'd throw in my two cents!

kellyf2626
08-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I just hate that when that poor girl died at TL, when the news broadcasted it around here, they did the intro with "another death at Disney"....and then in the broadcast, relayed all the deaths at Disney in the last 10 years! Why???

annie1995
08-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I agree with everybody. The media is over killing these poor peoples deaths, and people are blaming Disney without any factual evidence. If someone drops dead pushing a grocery cart in the store, will that someday become the stores fault??!! Things tend to get way out of hand where the media goes.

auntie k
08-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I must live under a rock...I haven't heard about any deaths other than the 4 yr old on MSpace and never did hear what they determined happened.

Was this death of a girl at Typhoon Lagoon recent?

I've really got to get out more!

Rustyflwr3
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes, she died the week before I left. So it was around the beginning of August.

pennst8r
08-18-2005, 12:47 PM
thats totally true...i dont think a 4 yr old should have been riding mission space anyway its seems really young to go on a ride like that!!

My DS was 4 1/2 last year while we were at WDW and Mission Space was one of his favorite rides--the other was TOT! Please don't assume it was the age---the height requirement is what matters for safety, not age.
Lots of 4 yr olds have been on that ride with no problems.

dpuck1998
08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Further evidence that people in the midwest just don't understand sarcasm. :earboy2:

Don't Blame all of us!! It's hard to tell sarcasm on a message board.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tinky
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Further evidence that people in the midwest just don't understand sarcasm.

hmmm... how can we be expected to understand sarcasm when we just now understand the complexity of indoor plumbin..... :rolleyes1

That was a icky statement jordgubben....

Gabriel&Nana
08-18-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm also tired of it. It's disgusting that the media becomes excited when something bad occurs with Disney visitors ...

jordgubben
08-18-2005, 02:38 PM

hmmm... how can we be expected to understand sarcasm when we just now understand the complexity of indoor plumbin..... :rolleyes1

That was a icky statement jordgubben....

I will agree that itís tough in written form.

Donít mean to offend anyone in the MidwestÖ just picking on you (hey, Iím from Jersey, we get our fair share of abuse too!). Itís just a cultural thing Iíve noticed. DH is from Pittsburgh and heís just now (after 7 years of dating/being married to me) starting to "get it" let alone use it. And now he understands my frustration when he says something to his mom and it just goes right over her head or she takes it completely wrong. :rotfl:

Natalie
08-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm also tired of it. It's disgusting that the media becomes excited when something bad occurs with Disney visitors ...
i no .... its horrible to see the media so hyped up bout sumthin so bad!

montblanc
08-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Agree as well, look at the raw numbers of people coming vs problems...

MickiM
08-19-2005, 04:49 AM
I was being sarcastic too...

I host a morning radio show on KISS FM here.
Actually you being from New Jersey, you'd probably love it.
We are the definition of sarcastic :teeth: I promise you have never heard a show like ours! :Pinkbounc

Online http://www.925KISSFM.com

6-10 am eastern

edingerc
08-19-2005, 05:09 AM
Talking about the millions who visit Disney every year.... Don't think that gives the right picture of the real situation. Instead, think of the average daily attendance of the parks. I think a coservative estimate of that is 35,000. Now, think of a community of 35,000 and tell me, how many deaths do they have a year? How many of those deaths are normally caused by the environment without any help from the victim? And what if every death that happened to a community of that size was covered as national news?

A girl that died of probable heat/dehydration what does that have to do with a child that died several miles away in Mission Space? And yet, what news report covering her death didn't meantion his?

They should change the name from The Happiest Place on Earth to The Safest Place on Earth.

imatoad
08-19-2005, 05:42 AM
Unfortuantely, certain people, companies, places etc., will always be targets for negative publicity, as opposed to all the good they may do, it's what the media does. It sucks, but you have to realize it's never going to change.

DanaHesson
08-19-2005, 06:37 AM
I agree. Just because someone becomes severely ill while visiting a Disney park does not equate to Disney being at fault. Sometimes people choose to ignore warnings and decide to experience an attraction anyway. More than once I've seen people with neck braces riding thrill rides at Disney. Just imagine all the people who ride with non-visible ailments.

Well I for one am planning to SUE! No where was there a WARNING just how addictive WDW vacations could become. Now I am totally obsessed, and spend all my free time, and most of my spare money planning Disney trips. Disney should be ashamed. The website and planning materials should come with a warning label! ::yes:: ::yes::

....but seriously.... I do feel for and pray for the family members of those that passed away, but in no way whatsoever do I feel WDW is responsible. And I also think that the incidents have been blown out of proportion.

DanaHesson
08-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Tinky,

Congrats on the beautiful little cuddly package!!

You should start a countdown to his first Disney trip!

Tinky
08-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks Dana! He's cuddly all right, he wants to be held and snuggled all the time. Which is ok by me :)
I thought I had a countdown set, is it not showing up?

dpuck1998
08-19-2005, 11:36 AM
I will agree that itís tough in written form.

Donít mean to offend anyone in the MidwestÖ just picking on you (hey, Iím from Jersey, we get our fair share of abuse too!). Itís just a cultural thing Iíve noticed. DH is from Pittsburgh and heís just now (after 7 years of dating/being married to me) starting to "get it" let alone use it. And now he understands my frustration when he says something to his mom and it just goes right over her head or she takes it completely wrong. :rotfl:

Your from Jersey!! Cool...what exit :rotfl2:

dpuck1998
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Talking about the millions who visit Disney every year.... Don't think that gives the right picture of the real situation. Instead, think of the average daily attendance of the parks. I think a coservative estimate of that is 35,000. Now, think of a community of 35,000 and tell me, how many deaths do they have a year? How many of those deaths are normally caused by the environment without any help from the victim? And what if every death that happened to a community of that size was covered as national news?

A girl that died of probable heat/dehydration what does that have to do with a child that died several miles away in Mission Space? And yet, what news report covering her death didn't meantion his?

They should change the name from The Happiest Place on Earth to The Safest Place on Earth.

Uhh...the most MAGICAL place on earth...sorry..couldn't resist!! :earseek:

jarestel
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM

Right you are, but rather than blame the "media" for reporting what happens, how about putting some responsibility for intelligent thought on the people who read these articles to arrive at the same conclusions you did? No media report I've seen or read indicated that people were dropping like flies at WDW. That's only a conclusion people here on the DIS are worrying that those who aren't as "smart" as they are will jump to.

It's never a bad thing to report what happens, only to not report it.

UrsulasShadow
08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
It's never a bad thing to report what happens, only to not report it.

I agree. Besides, it wouldn't be news if it happened every day, and I think most (intelligent) people realize that if it's made the headlines, that means it's an unusual occurrence. I think it more states and draws attention to how safe WDW really is.

Natalie
08-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I agree. Besides, it wouldn't be news if it happened every day, and I think most (intelligent) people realize that if it's made the headlines, that means it's an unusual occurrence. I think it more states and draws attention to how safe WDW really is. i agree *nods head*

imatoad
08-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Dpuck, I'm at exit 30. Give ya a buck if you can tell me where I live.

Natalie
08-20-2005, 06:14 AM
well at least i no im not alone on what im thinkin...thanks for agreeing! :Pinkbounc princess: :earboy2: :wave:

dpuck1998
08-20-2005, 09:47 PM

Well, with Google earth I can prolly send you a photo of your house!

dpuck1998
08-20-2005, 09:49 PM

Warwick Rd
Lawnside
Haddonfield

Close??

jordgubben
08-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Your from Jersey!! Cool...what exit :rotfl2:

see side bar. :earboy2:

ack! a piney! :earseek: jk

Natalie
08-21-2005, 12:37 PM
see side bar. :earboy2:

ack! a piney! :earseek: jk

lol :rotfl:

Maleficents_Revenge
08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Just another case of the Liberal Media trying to sell news. Yes I agree with you....

Just remember their slogan "If it bleeds, it leads."

Natalie
08-27-2005, 02:57 PM
ive read about the deaths but only no 2 of them how many is there?? :confused3

cinderelly76
08-27-2005, 06:30 PM
I completly agree. It happens every where so they should not blame Disney for the deaths or accidents when it is not there faults.

:paw:

Natalie
08-28-2005, 05:22 PM
I completly agree. It happens every where so they should not blame Disney for the deaths or accidents when it is not there faults.

:paw: :earboy2: at least now im no i dont stand alone!!!!!!!!!

Jim Disney
08-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Thank you all !!! Whats next ??? Signs that read "ENJOY THE RIDE AT OWN RISK!!!!!" :sunny: :cool1: :sunny:

Natalie_89
04-17-2008, 03:42 AM
thanks everyone for replying :angel:

ilovediznee2
04-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Thank you all !!! Whats next ??? Signs that read "ENJOY THE RIDE AT OWN RISK!!!!!" :sunny: :cool1: :sunny:

Maybe a sign outside all of the parks, saying, "Enter at your own risk"???

:eek: :eek:

Natalie_89
04-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Maybe a sign outside all of the parks, saying, "Enter at your own risk"???

:eek: :eek:

:scared: we dont wanna see that when were goin for a day of magic now do we!

pixistix
04-20-2008, 07:48 AM
There always seems to be this conspiracy to throw mud on companies like Disney who are very successful. Most of these deaths were people with pre-existing conditions they were'nt even aware of.

Natalie_89
04-20-2008, 09:03 AM
There always seems to be this conspiracy to throw mud on companies like Disney who are very successful. Most of these deaths were people with pre-existing conditions they were'nt even aware of.

totally agree...hopefully most people wont blame disney