PDA

View Full Version : Need help with eBay Store Name.......

welovedis
08-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok, decided to take the plunge and set up an eBay Storefront. I've having the darndest time figuring out a neat name that I thought I'd come to my fav place to get some help.

I mostly sell children/adult clothing & accessories, but also have the following items to sell at any given time: kid's toys, books (both old & new) VHS & DVD movies/shows, baseball cards, misc household items and anything else that isn't nailed down, lol! Our last name is synonomous with the favorite cookie elves so around here we are known as the Cookie Family, my eBay id is mommycookie. However, since I don't plan on selling anything related to cooking/baking/cookies, I don't know if that is a good or bad idea to have that in my store name.

Here's what I've come up with:
Eclectic Treasures
A Pinch of Everything
Cookie Sales
Something Old Something New to You (or some derivative of this)
Karen's Treasure Chest (Box, Trove, etc..)
Jumbles of Treasure (or something with Jumbles in it)
Jacob's Jumbles (my DS' name)

If you think any of these sound good or can come up with something else (family friendly please, lol), I'd appreciate it! :)

christinadei
08-17-2005, 03:30 PM
I like something old, something new to you

HeatherPage
08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
How about:

Jacob's Jamboree
Jacob's Jungle
Jacob's Junket

Can you tell I like the idea of using your son's name? :)

princessh
08-17-2005, 05:56 PM
I also like Something old, something new to you. It makes me think of my favorite consignment shop called One More Time.

welovedis
08-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Hmm, I like One More Time too! Wonder if that one is taken??? :)

DH says nothing with our son's name, he just isn't crazy about that, my ebay id used to be something with his name and he made me change it years ago.

Chereya
08-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Keep in mind while you're deciding that there is a space limitation for length of the name. I'm not sure what the exact number of characters allowed is but I think mine just barely made it with 34 characters, spaces included.

You may want to have your store name include you Ebay ID so it's easier to remember and has continuity.

I like Karen's Treasure Trove :)

Chereya

Taja
08-17-2005, 10:38 PM
I like Something Old, Something New to You or Eclectic Treasures! :)

Kimkimba
08-17-2005, 10:46 PM
I think it's easier for people to remember if it's short. I like Cookie Sales since it's short and has something to do with your Ebay name.

I'm not crazy about my Ebay ID & store name (they are the same), but I'm hesitant to change them since a lot of people know me now, and the name is a lot different than most sellers who sell what I sell.

It's best if it's easy to remember.

welovedis
08-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Ok-thanks for the thoughts! I'll have to mull it over for awhile before I take the plunge and set it up. I appreciate the input! :)

canwegosoon
08-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Karen's Kloset!!!

tinksmygal
08-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi Mommycookie!
I saw your new logo on the CCBoard early today. Wondered where the cookie part came from, now I know LOL. My personal pick is A Pinch of Everything. Plus this way you can keep your current ID if you want, since they kind of go together.

I'm like you, sell a bit of everything. But I've had my ID too many years (supernnp), and don't really want to change it.

dsanner106
08-20-2005, 08:58 AM
How about "Play it again Sam"

Drew