PDA

View Full Version : Bidpay/Ebay issue need some help

jeepgirl30
08-17-2005, 11:43 AM
I won an auction and then realized the seller only took bidpay. I paid immediately. The item was not received so I emailed the seller and nicely asked to please let me know if the item was shipped or when it would ship. I then went back and saw a bunch of new negative feedbacks. The seller had a few negatives awhile back but all had responses of refunds or shipping info.

The seller responded to my email pretty nasty saying she only shipped on tues and sat as she works full time. It never said that in the description and both days had passed, twice.

I waited another week and nothing. I've tried emailing again and no response. Today I see she is no longer a registered user.

I checked bidpay and it looks like no refunds and no recourse on my end.

Is there anything I can do?

lbgraves
08-17-2005, 01:47 PM
I am guessing that you used a credit card to pay thru bidpay? I would call & file a chargeback with them.

jeepgirl30
08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Bidpay told me if i do that they will send me to collections because they are a third party and not responsible for any agreement the seller and i may have had. She said to try ebay but the seller is no longer a registered user.

this is the second time this has happened. The first time the seller took a month and finally sent the item.

thelittlemermaid
08-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Be careful what you do with BidPay!

Here's my story........

My DH bidded on some fish on an auction site called Aquabid. The seller only took BidPay which was no big deal cause I have used them before. DH went to BidPay's website and filled out all the info needed to send the money order. He gave the money order around a week to get to the seller. After he heard nothing from the seller, he emailed him. Seller got back to him and told DH that his bank holds money orders for a week to make sure they are not cancelled. :confused3 I didn't know you could do that with a money order. Anyways, another week goes by and still nothing. DH contacts the seller again and seller says that he will be shipping them {this is over night shipping} so they will be there the next day. As you might have guessed nothing came. DH tried to get ahold of the seller and nothing. This went on for 2 weeks not hearing anything from the seller. Finally I decied to see where this guy lived. The address that was given was to a Mailboxs INC {I think that was their name before they turned into the UPS Store} to one of their PO boxes that they rent out. :mad: Since DH used my credit card I contacted them about this. They started the process of whatever they have to do. They found me not liable for the charge and refunded the money to my account. While all that was going on I contacted BidPay and requested a copy of the cashed money order to prove this person cashed it incase if things went any further I would have it. They emailed and said that would not be a problem. Well, I never received anything from them.

It was about a year later when I received a letter in the mail from BidPay {Western Union} that I now had to come up with the money that the money order was for to pay them, cause my credit card company did a chargeback on them and they don't allow that. That they are just a service and they have nothing to do with the transaction. TO BAD!!!!! The credit card company said I was not at fault, BidPay NEVER sent my the cashed money order that I requested so they were just going to have to eat the chargeback. Then about 4 months later I get this letter in the mail from an attorney's office saying they repersented BidPay. Now all of sudden a money order that was a little over $100 was now $60,000. :earseek: How in the world did that happen????? I was so upset over this and so was DH that he showed his dad what they {BidPay} was trying to pull. Luckily I had saved everything from my credit card company that they sent me about this saying that I was not liable. My FIL called the number on the letter and asked to speak to the attorney, it just so happen he wasn't there. So he left his name and # for the attorney to call back. No one ever called. The next day my FIL called back and still the attorney wasn't around, so he got fed up and told the lady on the phone that if things were not dropped that HIS attorney would be calling the next time.
I have never heard anything from those people again. Funny thing was when I did a search for the attorney's address, it came up, but was a totally different address in a different town then what was printed on the letter.

Sorry that it is long, but I didn't want to leave anything out. After going through all of that, I will never bid on anything, no matter how much I want it if they only take BidPay. I told my DH to do the same!
I think that's why alot of scam artists use BidPay in case some does a chargeback.

Good luck to you!!!

lbgraves
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
WOW! I never knew they gave buyers such a runaround. I started using Bidpay for Ebay because I didn't want to upgrade my paypal account. With Bidpay as a seller I can send out the items as soon as I get the notice from Western Union because according to their terms, I am guaranteed to get the money. If the CC used was stolen then THEY would go after the person, not me....unlike Paypal. They just take the money out of your account & say too bad. :(