PDA

View Full Version : Gas/Disney Visa

money4mickey
08-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I am starting Graduate school next week and will be driving 180 miles a day!! EEK! Needless to say, gas is going to kill us!! So, I have $1000 saved up just for gas for the next few months. My question is this, can I pre-pay my Disney visa and still get the points??

:rotfl2: :wizard: :moped: (just ignore...DS wanted to play with them!)

Anastasia
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I just made my August payment online, and it said that you can't pay more than your outstanding balance. I'm not sure what would happen if you sent them a check.

I would assume you would still get the points, as they are based on purchases, not your balance.

I would recommend putting the $1,000.00 into a money market account and moving it over as needed to pay the bill. I don't like the idea of having a large credit balance with any vendor. You can also earn a little interest in the meantime.

You are smart to put the money aside in advance!! It's hard to believe the price of gas, and I'm not guessing it's going to get any better!!

drgnfly30
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
You will still get your points but it's generally not a good idea to pay more than your balance. For one, it doesn't increase your available credit- if your credit line is $1000 & you have a $1000 credit balance, you can't charge something for $2000 - the maximum you can charge at one time would be $1000. Second it can put a security block on your account - until the payment is verified you may not be able to charge anything.

drakethib
08-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I am starting Graduate school next week and will be driving 180 miles a day!! EEK! Needless to say, gas is going to kill us!! So, I have $1000 saved up just for gas for the next few months. My question is this, can I pre-pay my Disney visa and still get the points??

:rotfl2: :wizard: :moped: (just ignore...DS wanted to play with them!)

Why don't you just buy some prepaid gas cards with your Disney Visa and pay it off at once?

The gas cards have no expiration.