PDA

View Full Version : Camcorder....HELP!

fairytalehaven
08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Okay, well I ordered my sony hc42. Now for the junk to go with it.

I heard that i would be better off getting some sort of fire cable to transfer to the computer..then I read about 4 and 6 prong...WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?

Then I want to get an additional battery...the longer life the better, the faster charging the better, ANY IDEAS???

Thanks a bunch!!

Goofy623
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
The cable you would need is actually called firewire cable. You will find it in the computer section of stores like Bestbuy, etc. You would need to make sure that your computer has the place to plug it in first- not all do. If it does not, you can have the part added to it - that is called a firewire card. Generally not too expensive. Unfortunately, I think you must have the firewire cable to get the video onto the computer - there aren't many other options that work well.

As far as the battery- I would suggest getting the Sony brand battery. I found that it was easiest and most convient to get the longest life battery available for my camcorder - It's a real bummer carrying the camcorder around if the battery goes dead too soon and carrying multiple small batteries is a pain.

Michelle :earsgirl:

montblanc
08-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I use USB2, plenty fast enough. As for batteries, I recommend two.