PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards

JenetixK
08-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I am very confused about what I can do with the Disney Visa points I've racked up. I know I transfer them to a rewards card and then activate the card, but where exactly can I use the card? Is there a specific list somewhere? I was hoping I could trade them in for Disney dollars. Is that possible? Can I use them to pay for part of my upcoming trip? It says that you can't use it to pay off your credit card balance. Basically, I don't want any Disney merchandise. What else can I do with the rewards? Thanks!

SharkBait05
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Someone may want to confirm this as I have not used my rewards card yet.

It is my understanding that you can use it to pay for your hotel, tickets, meals at Disney. I'm not going to use mine for merchandise either. But I plan on using it to pay some of my room charges when I check in. When at WDW, I think you can use it anywhere you would use your Disney VISA.

It's A Happy Day
08-16-2005, 12:20 PM
You can use them in any disney owned and operated location. Ie: hotel, meals, snacks, and disney stores. It appears that alot of people use them for 1 major purchase like the hotel room balance vs. all over for small purchases. You cannot use them in places like rainforest cafe as it is not owned by disney but you would be able to use them in about 98% of WDW and also your local disney store. Make sure to order your rewards card at least 4 weeks prior to trip or get it while in WDW from guest services (there are 2 locations I believe you can get them while in WDW) If you have a rewards card and have more points available come trip time you can transfer the points instantly by calling the 1-800 number - be sure to check expiration date on your rewards card prior to transfer as this card does expire (usually within 1 yr or xsfer) while points on statement take a few years to expire. Only transfer what you will be spending to avoid "losing" points, you can always transfer more if available by calling again.

Jodi
08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
In November of last year I transferred "points" to a rewards card & had great luck. We used it first on our Disney cruise to pay any additional charges, including excursions, alcohol, souvenirs, etc.

When we got to Disney we used our Keys to the Kingdom cards given to us by the resort to "charge" dinners, souvenirs, etc. Then, when we checked out I just handed him the rewards card. We still had a few "dollars" left & purchased something @ the airport Disney Store. When they handed me the receipt it had the balance of what remained. This rewards card doesn't expire until 12/05, so with some left, I used it towards purchasing annual passes a few months ago. The rest, of course, I paid w/ my Disney Visa card.

I was very nervous to use it because we had a lot of "points" we were counting on using, but it went off without a glitch.

Jodi

poohj80
08-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I was hoping I could trade them in for Disney dollars. Is that possible?

Yes, you can use the Rewards to purchase Disney Dollars at the Disney Store or any Disney Park.

sammielynn
08-18-2005, 11:10 AM
We had a great time with our points. They were wonderful. I'm saving for our next trip now.

TeresaMc
08-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I have been transfering my rewards points every month and then use them to pay payments on our vacation package. I have only had my card for a few months and have applied over $200 towards our package. Once my package is paid for I think I will save them for the next trip since I really don't think we will spend much while on our trip.

madge
08-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I used rewards dollars to pay a chunk on our package this morning :) It ended up being the same as getting a night free. I love that! :cool1:

speedyf
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
On our last trip in June 2005, I used my reward points card to purchase breakfast every morning.

I only had about $60 worth of points as I had just recently signed up for the Disney Visa in March. I would use it every morning at the food court at Port Orleans Riverside to purchase a Mickey Waffle for my DS5 and other breakfast items for the rest of us.

It was like getting a free breakfast included with the room...lol

The card basically acts like a pre-paid gift card or like a "Disney Dollar Credit Card" in that you can use it at any Disney owned place for purchases.

Speed

etwinchester
08-18-2005, 01:15 PM
If you have a Disney Visa from Chase, BEWARE...

Well, today I just had to close my Disney Visa account and I'm VERY upset. I do have a balance on this card from past mistakes, but I haven't charged on it for over a year and was NEVER late on a payment.

I just got a brochure in the mail that my interest rate was going to go up to 24.99%. What the heck??? The only way to avoid this from happening is to close my account...so guess what I had to do?

This really ticks me off to NO END especially since I was a DAY 1 member. Please be sure to read any brochures that you receive in the mail from them or this could happen to you !!!

BethR
08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
??? Did they tell you WHY your interest rate was being raised so high? I am not accusing you at all, but usually they do something like that when you make late payments or things like that.
Since you have never made a late payment and I am assuming, you have kept up with your minumum payments, did they tell you WHY your interest rate went up?
Sometimes the things I read about this card make me VERY leary! ::yes::

Magix
08-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I received a similar brouchure, but it does say the 24.99% rate is for accounts that are in certain circumstances... like delinquent accounts or past due accounts (I honestly can't remember which circumstance it was). This was not a new interest rate for accounts in general.

etwinchester
08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
It was a brochure so it didn't state why. When I called to cancel, I did ask. They said that they do a review every year and pull up your credit report and could have been due to my debt to income ratio. I'm sure that is why.

I was a SAHM for 3 years and only starting selling Mary Kay a couple of months ago as well as working two days a week at a Real Estate office. Therefore, I don't have a very high income. The card was in only my name and not DH.

I've had this card since they offered it, and have NEVER been late. I'm very strict about that with credit cards. The fee they charge you is insane. I was late on a different card back when I was 18 and found out what they charge. NEVER AGAIN and I make sure of that !!!

It really makes me mad since I wanted to get this paid off and then use monthly (pay off right away) and since I was a day 1 member. Then again, what kind of company would do this? I had a really good standing with them and they should base my credit rate upon that...they knew when I was issued the card that I was a SAHM with some other credit card debt. Actually, my other debt is lower now as well than when they issued me the card. Doesn't make sense, but then again, this is Chase now...

Note: Is the DIS having problems? I tried posting a new thread a couple of times and it wouldn't go through.

HayGan
08-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I got the notice today as well but the only mention of a 24.99% rate is the late payment APR which applies if you are late twice in any six month period. That seems to be one of the changes to the overall agreement. The rate won't apply unless you have been late 2 or more times in a 6 month agreement. By keeping an account open, you are agreeing to these terms. Mine is just a general notice to all cardholders not a specific change in my current rate (I've never been late :flower: )

etwinchester
08-18-2005, 02:34 PM
on page 2 it does states my new fixed rate of 24.99% which would have been effective on October 3rd.

I have NEVER been late and have all my past statements to send them as proof.

HayGan
08-18-2005, 02:38 PM
on page 2 it does states my new fixed rate of 24.99% which would have been effective on October 3rd.

I have NEVER been late and have all my past statements to send them as proof.

On page 1 under summary of changes does it have:

Annual Percentage Rate(s):
Late Payment APR: late twice in any six month period: 24.99% Fixed on all balances.

If it does state this, it is the general letter that all cardholders will be receiving.

kelleigh1
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Did you specifically ask when you called if you were now being charged the new interest rate?

Usually any change to you specifically is detailed in a letter not a general brochure. I haven't gotten my mail yet today, so I do not know if I received this brochure.

etwinchester
08-18-2005, 02:45 PM
No, mine states:

Minimum Payment change. If you wish to reject these terms, you must notify us in writing by September 26, 2005, that you wish to reject them. If you reject these terms, your account will be closed to further use.

I just called back and was told it was due to my debt to income ratio. Guess I'm being punished for being a SAHM and having a card in my name only. Well, life goes on...