PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Package - Help! Money Situation!

safaulk
08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi! I really, really want to get in on the free dining package. However, the offer expires August 20. We will be traveling to DW Sep 23 to Oct 2. The travel places I've checked out online all want full payment now. But I won't be able to pay the full package price until Sep 7 or 8. Does anyone know of a way around this? I am so disappointed at not being able to take advantage of this offer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! We are a family of 5 and are very excited about our upcoming trip!

Smiles,
Shelly

rkandmjsmommy
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
The idea I have been reading about that seems awesome, is to book the free dining with 1 day passes, if you can afford this, pay it off then you will have a month to save up the rest of the money so you can upgrade your passes to how many days you need when you get to disney

Hope this makes sense

shaylahc
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Did they change the terms of the offer? :confused3 We are traveling Sept 25-Oct 2 and we are doing the free dining offer. We booked several months ago, though.

swilshire
08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Using a credit card is the obvious answer. The Disney Visa supposedly even gives 6 months no interest. Haven't seen my bill yet, so we'll see.

Sheila

WeLoveThePoly
08-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Did they change the terms of the offer? :confused3 We are traveling Sept 25-Oct 2 and we are doing the free dining offer. We booked several months ago, though.

Packages have to be paid in full 45 days before arrival. If you book a package less than 45 days to arrival full payment is due at booking - safaulk's trip is just over a month away.

Debbie

Colinsmom
08-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Yes, if you pay by credit card, you can pay off the package when your bill arrives. Just be sure to pick a card where your payment won't be due until at least 9/7 or 8!

kdtwiss
08-16-2005, 09:31 AM
No offense to posters who were obviously just trying to be helpful -I know that may seem like the obvious solution - use a credit card - but I am pretty sure if that were an option op would have thought of it. Some people (myself included) don't have any credit cards - or at least no cards with that much space on them. OP - where are you planning on staying? If you are a family of 5, your choices may be limited and there may not be any resorts with free dining available anyway. I know it took me about 50 phone calls to finally get CB, as when I called originally there was only POP. I would call Disney directly, is there a way to change your dates? As long as you check in by 10/4 - you can get the free dining. Then I would ask for the least expensive room - hopefully you can upgrade later if you want, and only purchase one day tickets. I would be very honest with Disney and ask if there IS anyway to extend payment - I do not think so, but there may be. Last but not least - is there anyone you could borrow the $$ from? Family would understand how much $$ you will be saving. Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

Dis people - I am wondering - if OP called and got POR (probably the least exensive option right?) and said only one person was going - thus she would only need to pay for that one person right away - do you think she could add everyone later? AND still get the free dining?

ziggystardust
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
You could hold your room now through CRO. They will hold it for up to 2 wks I believe which will give you a bit more time to get the payment in.

good Luck,

safaulk
08-16-2005, 09:49 PM
We have tried to beg and borrow (haven't resorted to stealing yet - ha ha!), but to no avail. We simply don't have that much to shell out right now. I will have it on Sep 7 or 8. Every travel company I have contacted says payment must be made now. I'm so frustrated and disappointed. We would be saving a lot of money by being able to do the MYW plus free dining package. Woe is me, woe is me.

Shelly :guilty:

indigoxtreme
08-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Don't go through a travel company call Disney direct CRO and explain to them that payment can be made in full on 9-7. Just ask them and see what they can do for you. 1-407-939-7783

kaytieeldr
08-17-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't think CRO can hold this package until the OP can pay for it - it needs to be booked by 8/20 and since that's less than 45 days before the OP's trip starts payment is due in full at the time of booking.

rantnnravin
08-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Dis people - I am wondering - if OP called and got POR (probably the least exensive option right?) and said only one person was going - thus she would only need to pay for that one person right away - do you think she could add everyone later? AND still get the free dining?

I think this may be a possibility. They never penalize you for adding/increasing the amount. I think you have up until 5 days before the trip before they charge you a change fee. I think OP should do this. (If you want to be safe, just ask if someone wanted to join you, could you add them to the ressie later.)

kdtwiss
08-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Actually I think I have an answer based on my own situation.
My full payment was due today - because I am paying with my debit card, I run into this problem alot - the money will be there, but the card is 24 - 48 hours behind my bank. So although I was shooting for having the $ in the bank yesterday - I still could have had a problem. So I called and spoke to Disney directly and a CM told me as long as I made some payment the ressie would not be cancelled. I called back to check with another CM who confirmed this as well. Good luck - you can dooo it! It will save you tons!

MickeyMickey
08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
If money is that tight I wouldn't even enjoy taking this trip

tlbwriter
08-17-2005, 02:17 PM
If money is that tight I wouldn't even enjoy taking this trip
The OP will be able to pay for the trip in full, apparently without charging or borrowing, before she goes. The fact that she can't put her hands on the money right now doesn't mean the money isn't there.

safaulk
08-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Okay all.....thought I'd give you an update. We begged and borrowed from family members and using our one credit card, we were able to do it. I ended up taking the suggestion of purchasing one day tickets instead of seven days like we had planned. The travel agent said for definite that, even though we are only purchasing one day tickets, the free dining will be available for the entire length of our stay (which sounds very weird....how would Disney make any money off of giving us free food if we are only paying for one day tickets and the hotel?). When we get our money on Sep 8, I will upgrade to seven day tickets (of course, I'll also pay back all of my generous family members!). Thanks again for all of your help. I know we are going to have a wonderful trip!

Smiles
Shelly

indigoxtreme
08-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Good for you. Hope you have a great trip.