PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I need an idea for a babysitter gift.

Lyn5
08-15-2005, 06:43 PM
In two weeks my DD starts preschool. Any ideas on a personalized gift for my wonderful babysitter? She is a caring, religious, grandmotherly woman who cared for my two children for over 5 years....what could I get that would show how much we love and appreciate her? I would appreciate any ideas you have. Thank.

momof1princess
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
hmmm...perhaps she'd like a gift cert. to a favorite restaurant? or a pedicure & manicure? movie rentals or passes?

Donya

Lyn5
08-15-2005, 07:38 PM
hmmm...perhaps she'd like a gift cert. to a favorite restaurant? or a pedicure & manicure? movie rentals or passes?

Donya

Thank you for the ideas...I usually do get her a gift certificate for her favorite restaurant each Christmas, she usually doesn't do her nails or watch movies (unless Dora the Explorer counts :rotfl: )...but that does give me an idea on getting her a gift certificate to her nearby grocery store and maybe a hand written card from our family...

lovemygoofy
08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Do you have an engraving place around like the Things Remebered kiosk in the mall? They have gorgeous picture frames that you can have personalized with a message and then maybe a family pic or a pic of the children that she watches or a trinket box. They have lovely things.

What about a nice gift basket? You can order from anywhere online now and are life savers for me. You could make up your own giftbasket if you know things that she likes or collects. For example you could make up a movie night gift basket with either gift card to rent movies or gift certs to the movies and throw in a dinner out card or some home popcorn and a big candy thing. Does she do charity work? You could make a nice donation to her fav charity in her name or name a star after her. As you can see I'm the queen of cheese :rotfl:

Lyn5
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Do you have an engraving place around like the Things Remebered kiosk in the mall? They have gorgeous picture frames that you can have personalized with a message and then maybe a family pic or a pic of the children that she watches or a trinket box. They have lovely things.

I think we may have one at our mall. It was there at Christmas, but I have been avoiding the mall lately, trying to save up for our trip to the World :teeth: . That is a great idea about engraving a frame and I have pictures of DS and DD when DD turned 3 that would be perfect. I was originally thinking of doing one "big" thing for her, but now with all your ideas I am thinking of putting together a bunch of smaller things that she would enjoy, like the gift cert., engraved frame w/ picture and handwritten card...thanks.

Churro
08-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Why not a finished scrapbook with all the wonderful pictures of the kids as they grow older? I bet that would be greatly appreciated. :lovestruc

Lyn5
08-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Why not a finished scrapbook with all the wonderful pictures of the kids as they grow older? I bet that would be greatly appreciated. :lovestruc

Another great idea, thanks

christinadei
08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Last year when DS left his babysitter to go to Pre-K, we made her a photo album. We decorated it and on the front was a picture of DS's first day of Pre-K and then the first page said: Ms. Laurie, Thank you for... and each page had one picture and one 4x6 index card with a thing we were thankful for about her. I started the pictures from when she first started keeping him at 4 months old and went all the way through his first day of school. DS helped me and he decorated all the 4x6 index cards with corresponding stickers to the thing we were thankful for. She cried when we gave it to her. It is something special that she can remember the whole time she had him. He was her first baby besides her grandkids that she kept.

Shagley
08-16-2005, 01:00 PM
How about have each child color a picture to put into a mug (like the mug in this link)...

http://www.smalltoys.com/page/st/PROD/XC2670

This is a Christmas picture in the link example, but you could just cut some paper to the same size and have each child color their own picture.

And then make up a coffee or tea basket along with some little snacks. I'm sure she would love to have something decorated by your children.

Lyn5
08-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Last year when DS left his babysitter to go to Pre-K, we made her a photo album. We decorated it and on the front was a picture of DS's first day of Pre-K and then the first page said: Ms. Laurie, Thank you for... and each page had one picture and one 4x6 index card with a thing we were thankful for about her. I started the pictures from when she first started keeping him at 4 months old and went all the way through his first day of school. DS helped me and he decorated all the 4x6 index cards with corresponding stickers to the thing we were thankful for. She cried when we gave it to her. It is something special that she can remember the whole time she had him. He was her first baby besides her grandkids that she kept.

That is such a touching and wonderful gift, it brought out some tears. (Ironically I read this just before my boss happened to walk by and I was using a tissue when he stopped to talk to me....pretended I was blowing my nose) Wow, what great ideas. thanks.