PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you sell on Ebay?

momoftwins
08-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Besides cleaning out your house and every regift you ever gotten :teeth: , what do you sell on Ebay? We have sold some textbooks which did well. We sold some DVD in lots. These did ok. I tried to sell some kid's clothes, they did not sell at all. I've run out of things from my house :)

So, for those of you that do ok at it, what are you selling?

jwfla422
08-15-2005, 02:46 PM
I started out selling my dd's old toddler/baby toys, then her clothes. They did great. Basically cleaned out the house, my dh had some tools and they did very well. I went on to consign my friend's kid's clothes. I also did some shopping at the Goodwill stores in the kid's section and found some boutique stuff in really good shape and made a nice return on that.

I've also bought some "Guess" brand purses on clearance and resold them and made a pretty good profit. My best "purse" profit was from these bags I bought on sale for $6 at Steinmart (no name). They were really cute black bags with a "shoe" print. I made between $10-$20 a bag!! Was bummed that they ran out:-( I even contacted the mfg to see how I could get more. Naturally they discountinued them. I have more toys to sell but waiting a bit until "toy" season really starts up.

In addition to Ebay I sell textbooks on half.com and amazon.com. They do well especially this time of year. There are no fees to list with them. They only take a fee when your item sells and you don't have to chase down anyone because the buyer pays half and amazon directly which is nice :goodvibes

marcyinPA
08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I mostly sell my youngest ds's clothing when he outgrows it. I also sell stuff for my dad's wife....she recently went from a size 20W to a size 10....and she loved the name brand stuff (lots of J. Jill, Ralph, Jones, etc.), so she asks me to sell her stuff for her.

I've also sold books, but more of the picture book variety....things my kids are too old for now.

Darcy
08-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Nothing yet....my boys keep fighting, that may change.

Laurajean1014
08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I've sold baby and toddler items, shoes and yugioh cards.

sunkissed212
08-15-2005, 04:29 PM
I sell all kinds of things on ebay: outgrown clothing, old vinyl records, purses, bath and body items that I don't need/want, home decor items, etc

I've done extremely well so far with my little ebay venture. Last year a few weeks worth of auctions bought my park hoppers!
Can't beat that!

blondimom
08-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Whatever I can get my hands on, and whatever I am trying to clear out of the house! :earseek:

mamalle
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM
the kids clothes and shoes, baby gear and lately power rangers

CalvaryMike
08-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Unused Disney tickets!! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I'M KIDDING!!!

wanna-b-Tink
08-15-2005, 05:52 PM
We sell fully-restored vintage Coke and Pepsi vending machines on and off ebay. You'd be surprised at some of the (very) famous people we've sold to. I am not allowed to say their names, but it is so cool knowing our work is in their houses!

Kimkimba
08-16-2005, 12:20 AM
I sell mostly Gymboree clothing now.

But I've sold just about everything in the past 6 years. You just never know with Ebay - it's worth a try.

shaylahc
08-16-2005, 05:29 AM
I sell mostly Gymboree clothing now.

But I've sold just about everything in the past 6 years. You just never know with Ebay - it's worth a try.

Ditto here :goodvibes I resell a lot of Gymboree, usually because I overbuy. I love sales and tend to overshop :rolleyes: Since I buy most things at a deep discount, I never lose money when I resell. I have even made large profits on used items.

I also scour yard sales and Goodwill for stuff, mostly collectibles.

kelleigh1
08-16-2005, 07:50 AM
I re-sold a package of thank you notes that I'd used for my bridal shower because I had special notes made for the wedding thank you's.

I most recently sold a pair of lands end shoes that I'd bought for my husband but they were too narrow for him. Next item to go up will be a watch that he's never worn. I think it's a Pulsar. Very nice watch, but he's never worn it and his parents bought him a new dress watch last year for his birthday...so he's more likely to wear that one.