PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Village at Parkway - nearby restaurants?

tmfranlk
08-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Can anyone tell me what restaurants are located nearby to Vacation Village at Parkway? I am trying to figure out if we can/should plan some meals pre or post break at places near the hotel.

Thanks!!!

gjw007
08-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Can anyone tell me what restaurants are located nearby to Vacation Village at Parkway? I am trying to figure out if we can/should plan some meals pre or post break at places near the hotel.

Thanks!!!
Off the top of my head Arabian Nights is across the street. There is a small mall also near the resort with various stores including a grocery store but my experience has been that it is a tourist trap and much too expensive.

sweet maxine
08-03-2005, 07:30 PM
There is a Wendy's just around the corner from the check-in bldg. at VV @ Pkwy. There's also several other fast food types like Chic-fil-A just down #192 (not far). As far as sit down restaurants, I can't remember for sure. But I do know you can get to the Wendy's for a quick lunch or whatever without ever getting back out onto #192. Just take a left turn past the check-in bldg. (as you would be leaving the property). There is a cut-through road there that enters an outlet mall. Wendy's is just to the back of that area--5 mins. tops. Hope that helps!

The Chick-fil-A is in the shopping center for Celebration, and that is very close to the Arabian Nights Blvd.

Ozymoe
08-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi Tmfranlk,

(also I have to say hi to Sweet Maxine...we always seem to be going to the same places!) If you are planning to go to Arabian Knights, you can walk over! It really is that close.

Every other restaurant chain in the world is on the Highway 192 strip (also called Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). The outskirts of Celebration (white rail fences) are across this highway.

Wendy's is right behind the check-in building for the VV (Vacation Village at the Parkway). You do not have to go back out onto the highway to get to it. There are also several other options available, but I can't speak for any of them (I too, think they're in a kind of mini-mall), I only had chili on my brain when I went there...IN THE CAR...by the way, the check-in (and the mini-mall are far enough away from your rooms that you will actually want to drive, instead of walk there...lol Arabian Knights, on the other hand, is much closer. There are very few, if any sidewalks other than those directly outside the condos. The rest is paved road (and parking lots).

I stayed in a new unit (actually, I was the first person to stay in the unit...it was so new I kept finding odd bits of masking tape in various places...lol...one piece in the kitchen was 2 feet long!...but I'm sure that has all been worked out by now) As I started to say, the condos are very nice, spacious and pleasingly decorated. There is a balcony, washer/dryer and a full kitchen in the 1 BR Deluxe units...which makes it ideal for buying pizza/frozen Stouffer's dinners/Frozen fried/baked chicken etc.

Going east on Highway 192 (left as you exit VV) you will find many restaurants (I'd check this out when I arrive if I were you...unpack and then pile everyone in the car to scout the restaurants for future reference...only you know what your favorites are, and believe me, they will be there, everything from fast food (if you've never tried Checkers burgers and fries, they are great...and on the right as you pass Oldtown) to seafood restaurants, steakhouses, to Olive Garden, to Uno's, Cracker Barrel, Krispy Kremes...and there is a Publix grocery (with decent prices AND a deli) fairly close too (I just can't remember where...but the front desk can tell you).

The best part is you can't get lost because everything, absolutely e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is on 192. When you turn right going out of VV (west) there are also some eating places, and that is the way to the sign (less than a mile to this sign) that tells you to turn R for MGM...(go on a little further down 192 [west] if that isn't where you are going in WDW)...the signs are great, dead on...and they are easy to see/follow.

Jo