PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever stayed at Barefootin in the Keys near Old Town?

2BigKIdz
08-02-2005, 10:35 PM
We are going with some friends in October through an RCI exchange. It is a gold crown resort so I'm hoping it is decent, but there is very little information on their web page. It looks like a fairly small resort from the pictures. Any info is appreciated.

For comparisons- we stayed at HGVC last October and loved it. We have also stayed at Vistana and Orange Lake.

Thanks

luvtoall
08-03-2005, 04:02 AM
We have stayed here. IMHO it is NOTHING like your other stays. It is a line of approx. 7-8 building in a row with a pool behind the building and the parking lot in front of the buildings. No office staff on duty "after" hours. No extra services etc... The location ummmmm pro: close to the parks a easy drive to walgreen and grocery. con: very open and noisey from the "old town"
area. The room was clean and the price was great, so I guess it depends on what your needs are. Any questions just ask. :banana:

2BigKIdz
08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks so much for your input, we were able to switch reservations to Silver Lake with no charges! I haven't stayed there either but that looks better and I've seen mostly good reviews on it. I read another bad review of Barefootn on another site which was nearly identical to what you had to say so we hastily changed places. Just a note to anyone interested, Barefootn advertises on their website that they are a RCI Gold crown resort, and according to RCI they are NOT a gold crown resort.

luvtoall
08-04-2005, 02:38 AM
We are staying at silver lake in Oct. I have never stayed there so I am hoping for the best!! I am trying to decide which building to ask for.
Good Luck :wave:

2BigKIdz
08-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Can you request a specific building? All I know is we are booked in the category of the 2 BR that will accommodate 8 (but 6 privately). Which week are you going? We will be there Oct 22-29. I feel much more comfortable with this than I did about Barefootn, the units looked nice on the web though. But I thought if I want to spend a day just relaxing by the pool that did not seem like a good place for it. This will be our 2nd year in a row in October, the weather is so nice that time of year.

Thanks again

bearzabout
08-04-2005, 06:51 AM
I've stayed at Silver Lake many times but never put in a request. I've always been happy with my room assignment. The worst building would be 400 since it backs up to Sherberth Road. My guess is the rooms are noisy and the balconies worthless.

Buildings 1700 and 1800 have elevators. The units are smaller than the older units in buildings 100 - 700. I think they are a bit more cozy. Rooms that face the pool in buildings 1700-1800 can be noisy. There is still undeveloped land on the property that I consider an eyesore from the higher rooms in buildings 1700-1800. These buildings have the best location if the pool, game room and theatre are important.

I like the units in 100 & 200. The balconies overlook a wooded area. The third floor units are a long walk up but have cathedral ceilings and are very quiet.

I now choose to stay in the new buildings (800 & 900) listed under Silver Points. They are the smallest but cozy and I don't have to risk getting a room in building 400.