PDA

View Full Version : Need an offsite-but close hotel for one night...any suggestions????

disneygirl1977k
08-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi guys,
I am arriving in Orlando on Oct. 1 and not checking in at CSR until October 2....need a hotel for just one night...cheap but decent and CLOSE to WDW so I can get there ASAP the next morning to check in.....any suggestions would be great...thanks guys
Kristy

ntburns22
08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Check out the Sheraton Safari/Cheap rate thread on the Orlando hotel board. I booked a room for October for $59. You need to book by August 5. From my understanding it is only 1 block away from DTD.

bscs
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
The last time we went to Orlando (2003) we stayed at the Howard Johnson Maingate East. It's cheap and only about 5-10 minutes to WDW. It's not fancy but a good place for just one night. I'd go back if it was for a night or two. (but we are going for 10 nights next time and so we are going with a condo for more space.)

littleprincessmom
08-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Radisson Resort Parkway -

We stayed there several years ago for 2 nights. It is nice, clean and has room service and a fabulous pool with water slide that is open until late. 5-10 minutes to MK. I believe we had a rate of $79/night through Mousesavers.com You may want to check out that web site - she oftens lists great deals on nearby hotels.

tone.def
08-02-2005, 11:25 PM
why not a Value Resort so you can take advantage of the Magical Express?

Disneyjosh229
08-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I've heard good things about the nickelodian hotel on 536, kiddy corner from Marriott World Center. Also, check the DTD hotels (Best Western's Ok..), they sometimes have fairly reasonable rates.

kizmac
08-02-2005, 11:54 PM
We've stayed at the Hampton Inn Maingate West for two of our Disney trips. It's only a mile from the gates. It is very nice and clean and you get the free continental breakfast. We really enjoyed our stays here. Here is a link if you want to check them out.Hampton Inn Maingate West (http://www.hamptoninnmaingatewest.com/)

ccw
08-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Doubletree SUITES...Downtown Disney...huge suite and very close to the action!

Phrank40
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Another vote for Hampton Inn Maingate West. Convenient to back entrance to WDW near Animal Kingdom. Stayed there a couple of years ago. It sits a little ways back from main highway so not as noisy as some motels along main road. After looking around a bit found a rate of $50, can't remember for sure but may have been with a roomsaver.com coupon or something like that. Would probably only take you a few minutes to reach CSR using back entrance and not much traffic.

Phrank