PDA

View Full Version : Hotel help needed - please narrow down my list!

momofmikey
07-29-2005, 10:20 PM
We'll be staying in my in-law's timeshare in October. I just looked at the site, and these are the ones available:

Blue Tree
Club Sevilla
Marriott Cypress Harbour
Wyndam Palms
Westgate Town Center
"" Towers
cypress pointe Resort and Grand Villa
High Point

I know nothing about any of them. Looking for cleanliness, but most importantly, ease of getting to the parks! We normally stay onsite, so this will be an adjustment. Can someone please give me honest input?

Thanks!

DianeV
07-29-2005, 10:30 PM
My vote would be Cypress Harbour or Cypress Pointe. They both are on the Lake Buena Vista side of town which I like better..my 3rd choice would be Blue tree for its location

momofmikey
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your response!

Anyone else?

Lisa P.
07-31-2005, 11:48 PM
These would be my picks - they're high quality places:

1. Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (nice, can't get much closer to Disney, offsite)
2. Marriott Cypress Harbour (very pretty, surrounds a lake, Marriott, near Sea World - I like it better than CPGV but it's a further drive +15 min.)
3. Wyndham Palms (very nice, in west Kissimmee off 192, near Orange Lake, ~10 min. drive to WDW)

--- Blue Tree is older, near Cypress Pointe
--- Club Sevilla is older, in east Kissimmee, right on 192
--- Westgates (the 2 you listed) are convenient to WDW in Kissimmee but may vary somewhat in maintenance, landscaping and general exterior appeal to me (interiors may be very nice)
--- High Point is older, near the Westgates

All of these older places have been pretty well maintained but lack the pizazz of the newer places. They just look like apartment buildings. I wouldn't choose them for your first offsite experience when there are so many nicer places out there.

mulanrouge
08-01-2005, 12:58 PM
These would be my picks - they're high quality places:

1. Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (nice, can't get much closer to Disney, offsite)
2. Marriott Cypress Harbour (very pretty, surrounds a lake, Marriott, near Sea World - I like it better than CPGV but it's a further drive +15 min.)
3. Wyndham Palms (very nice, in west Kissimmee off 192, near Orange Lake, ~10 min. drive to WDW)

--- Blue Tree is older, near Cypress Pointe
--- Club Sevilla is older, in east Kissimmee, right on 192
--- Westgates (the 2 you listed) are convenient to WDW in Kissimmee but may vary somewhat in maintenance, landscaping and general exterior appeal to me (interiors may be very nice)
--- High Point is older, near the Westgates

All of these older places have been pretty well maintained but lack the pizazz of the newer places. They just look like apartment buildings. I wouldn't choose them for your first offsite experience when there are so many nicer places out there.

I agree with this post. That is the order of preference that I would have put down too!! :)

momofmikey
08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your replies! Now to throw a wrench in the plans... what if I added Sheraton Vistana Resort in there? :crazy: Noticed that just opened up as well.

Thanks again!

mulanrouge
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
In my opinion, Sheraton Vistana would then become my first choice. Close to Disney, lots of pools, restaurants on site, nice clean units lots of family activities. In fact we are staying there for our trip in Oct/Nov. We have stayed there twice before and we love it. :)

Bella the Ball 360
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I have stayed at Wyndham Palms and it is very nice. I am going to stay at Vistana and although I have gotten good reports there are some older units. As for Westgate ...Anything with West in front of it you should stay away from Westgate Lakes etc. They do not have a good rep.

Golter
08-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I haven't stayed at any of them other than the Blue Tree. The BT is located near crossroads and has access to unlimited off site resteraunts. Your are near DD, and have easy access to the parks. I have stayed there 5 times and can say that we have had nothing but lovely expierences. Easy check in, clean rooms, no maitainence issues.

If you can get a good rate, I would say go for it.

spiceycat
08-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I would go with the Marriott. Simply because it is a Marriott and they are one of the best.

It is closer to SeaWorld than WDW.

Cypress Pointe and Blue Tree are in LBV very close to DD.