PDA

View Full Version : Hotel near HOB

reddixie
07-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Okay as much as I go to Disney and OLCC I have a question. I am hoping that I get lucky and get tickets to Dolly Parton's Vintage Tour at the HOB Nov. 26. This is the only stop near us btw. Well it is Thanksgiving weekend. I know that I can get a room at OLCC or at Disney but was thinking I might like to be at DTD. So which hotels are within walking distance and do you think that I might be happier with a Disney hotel? I think as much as I love OLCC that I will try walking distance or Disney. I know that parking at DTD is a nightmare on a reg. night. With Dolly and La Nouba I don't want to deal with the headache of parking. :bounce: Any and all advise appreciated. I am bringing my 12 year old. I am so excited. They just announced the tour date. :flower: :cool1:

spiceycat
07-29-2005, 10:06 AM
I am being stupid - what is HOB

If it is located in DD then there is a Hilton and Wynham across the street.

Disney's SSR is right next door to DD.

if this Dolly's dinner - there is a Hilton (HGVC) across the street - well directly across the street from her dinner is Premium Outlet. the HGVC is a little further.

JMD
07-29-2005, 10:13 AM
I believe HOB means House of Blues. The hotels spiceycat mentioned are your best bet. Or you can look into some to the other hotels on Hotel Plaza BLVD.

reddixie
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
HOB is House of Blues. Thanks. The Dixie Stampede is actually on the other side of the interstate. Dolly is coming to HOB for an actual concert. I am so excited. I will look into both hotels mentioned thanks. Spicey I know that you own at SSR and OLCC can you recommend SSR and do the busses run to DTD. I own through Interval International and may be able to get a room at SSR very long shot I know. Thanks so much. :cool1:

spiceycat
07-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I own at OKW, BWV and VWL.

but yes I got a studio at SSR exchange (using my Landmark -PCB, FL - timeshare).

so this exchange is very possible.

of course you can also rent points from a DVC member. Now if you are talking Fri or Sat - these points are much more expensive and not worth doing.

but Sun-thurs (leaving on Fri) are a great deal using DVC points rented from a member.

yes there is bus to DD - but hey you can walk it - anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. - depending upon where you are at this resort. there is also a boat to DD.

this is the closest resort to DD. (yes even closer than Hilton or Wynham) it is next door to DD and I really mean that.