PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between Vistana Villages and Resort?

deefranco
07-28-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm trying to decide on which location. Which one is better? Is one located more centrally than the other and is one resort nicer than the other. There are a lot of posts on here for Vistana, but I also don't know which location they are talking about. Need some help! Thanks!! Dee :Pinkbounc

MiaSRN62
07-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Dee~
The Vistana Resort is the older (or should I say original Vistana). It's located close to WDW. It is a much larger resort with more onsite amenities (restaurants, bigger General Store, more pools, a small mini golf course etc). There are 9 different sections or villages here, you could say. The Courts is the oldest section which already existed in 1980 when Vistana bought the land. The Cascades is the newest section. Alot of people feel there is a wide variance in the type of villa you can be placed in here. Villas range from 15+ years old to almost brand new, while the Vistana Villages are all pretty consistantly new.

The Vistana Villages is a newer and a smaller resort. It's closer to the Sea World area----so maybe 15-20 min away from the main Vistana. I haven't stayed at this one, but believe there is only one pool ? I also don't believe there are any onsite restaurants. The villas are all pretty much very new and this resort is still under construction in some phases. The villas at Vistana Villages are akin most likely to the Cascades section (and maybe the Lakes section) at the main resort.
I'm sure someone who's stayed at the Villages can shed more light on this.
Edited to add:
You can check out the different resort amenities at each resort here :
http://www.starwoodvo.com/resorts/amenities.jsp?resortID=5
http://www.starwoodvo.com/resorts/amenities.jsp?resortID=1

Hope this helps !

cd&kids
07-30-2005, 10:31 AM
We're the opposite of "Mia"....never stayed at original, but stayed at Vistana Villages last November. Very good overall experience. Yes, one pool, but very large, picturesque and enjoyable.
There's a market/deli on site and a very nice outdoor but covered bar with non/alcoholic tropical drinks as well as adult drinks. You could hang out there comfortably even in a downpour.
Our room was very nice, very clean...a 2-bedroom condo. Really no complaints at all. It is located in a different part of the Disney area than we were used to...very close to Sea World. I forget the highway names, but out of the complex you make a left....a couple miles later a right....and then right to Disney. I'd say within 10-15 minutes you're on Diz property (that main road leading to Magic Kingdom.) Essentially, you are east and slightly north of WDW.
Not much more I can add....as usual, we spent most of our time off-site at the parks, but it seemed to us we easily could have spent a fun-filled day at the condo if we wanted to!

SammieG
07-30-2005, 03:38 PM
I have stayed at both!!
One I would return to happily and the other I would never go back to again, even if they offered it to me for free!!

Vistana Villages is about 5 minutes from the main vistana (cut through past the Premium Outlets and then turn left onto I drive.. and its just there...)

As previously said, Vistana is much bigger.. and has more pools - although the pool at Villages is absolutely huge (plus there is a kiddies pool and an adult only pool) - The Vistana Villages pool is much bigger than any pool at Vistana.

There is an onsite deli/cafe type place where you can get hot food around the pool or take out to your room at the villages. It was fine.. nothing spectacular. I think at Vistana there is something similar although its inside.. with probably better food to be honest.

The apartments at Vistana are varying! From really nice, to absolutely awful... although the awful ones are quite big.

The apartments at Villages are smaller, but newer.. although the decor in ours in building 1, was quite old fashioned and fussy as bits of it have been up for 6 years now.. and we prefer a more modern, classic look. I didnt see in one of the newer blocks, but I suspect they were more to my taste.. However, they were well maintained, clean and had everything you could imagine. Vistana was dirty and looked like it had been decorated circa 1982 and not since. Plus, I got eaten alive by mosquitos at night.. (only two places this has happened to me, and I am extremely allergic to insect bites, so this is a major concern to me.. One is Vistana and the other is Summer Bay). We sprayed outselves in bug spray every night.. and the sheets and my Pj's but still I got bitten numerous times. Even my baby son was bitten.

The staff at Villages were helpful and knowledgable. The Staff when we were at Vistana were the worst I have ever encountered at any resort we have ever been to.

talicskai
07-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I have also stayed at both. Villages twice and the Resort I have actually lost count. I love them both for their own reasons however, there is one misconception I want to clear up. Vistana Villages is on International Drive South and indeed has TWO pools. A smaller quieter pool sits behind the waterfall of the main pool and could be missedbmy someone very easily. There are no floaties allowed so therefore hardly any children. It is lovely.
I have stayed in Cascades, Lakes, Fountains and Spas at Vistana Resort and actually loved all of them. I would highly recommend the Lakes and Fountains because they are much quieter than the Cascades. I also like the Fountains because they are only 3 floors and therefore no elevator.

PM me if you need more specific information. My parents have been owners since 1987 so I have been going to Vistana Resort every year since.

Teresa :flower:

ttfn3
07-31-2005, 09:52 PM
We have stayed at the Vistana Villages once and the Vistana Resort at least 4+ times (3 in the past year!). VV is newer - however, we like the VR for their amenities and the staff is much nicer at the VR (love the activities kids!). There is so much more to do at the VR than the VV. I guess it would depend on how much time you plan to spend at the resort - and where are you going offsite. We like to go to the VR and just hang out at the resort. There's so much to do.

cd&kids
08-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Good pick-up, Talicskai...forgot about the second pool at Villages...and I even swam in it!