PDA

View Full Version : Help! Which one would you choose? DTD Doubletree Suites or Embassy Suites LBV?

carymomof3
07-27-2005, 05:46 PM
We are a family of 5 - me, DH, two teenagers and a 12-year-old who uses a wheelchair. I have reservations for Doubletree Suites but I can get a better rate at Embassy Suites. We have stayed at Embassy Suites in other parts of the country with mixed results. Some were great and some were awful, so I'm a little leery of booking here without firsthand knowledge. Doubletree looks nice and the location is good, but it is pricey. Any opinions?

dolphinslady
07-28-2005, 04:59 AM
I've not stayed at either...but you can go to tripadvisor dot com and read reviews on both hotels. You can also do a search in their forum area for other information.

Good Luck,
Cheryl

hercamore
07-28-2005, 08:29 AM
I don't know about either of these hotels, but since you need space I would suggest the Residence Inn LBV which is near the Embasssy Suites.

2 br unit has 2 queens and l king plus pullout, kitchn, good hot bkfst.

herc.

hercamore
07-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Ooops, correctin myself, the RI has a queen in the one bedroom, not a king.
3 queens in the unit.

herc.

LovePug
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
We stayed at the Embassy Suites in LBV in December 2003 and it was great! Unless things have changed drastically since then, I believe you'd be very pleased there.

ottawamom
07-29-2005, 07:41 AM
We stayed at the DoubleTree this past May and it was great. Embassy Suites does have better rates if you have your own transportation. We didn't, so we liked having the DTD buses (might be something to consider for your older children). If we had had our own car I think we would have stayed at the Embassy Suites also. The rate was just that much better (you're really only in your room to sleep anyway). Check out Mousesavers.com and see if you can find a better rate for the DoubleTree, the hotel was certainly very nice and the staff was very friendly.