PDA

View Full Version : Offsite near by??

SueRS
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I thought that there were hotels near Disney property that are close enough to use Disney transportation? Is this true? And if so, what are the hotels.

Thanks for all your help.

spiceycat
07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
No.

you have to be staying on WDW property to use their buses. think about it Disney is not going to pay to help someone else.

anyway once you are on WDW property then if you have a ticket you can use their transportation.

the values resorts - All Star Mu, Mo, SP - plus Pop Century are a pretty good value for a WDW resort.

they don't have the room nor the kitchens of off site condos. they are definitely more expensive than a cheap hotel off-site. but they are about the same (and in some cases cheaper) than the DD hotels.

if you want Disney tranportation then you need to stay at Disney resort.

MiaSRN62
07-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Sue ~
Spiceycat is correct in what she said, unless you are referring to the Downtown Disney hotels ? They are not owned by Disney but I believe are considered to be on "disney property" ? Here's a link : http://www.hoteldiscounts.com/disney/go2orlando-disney.html and : http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/buspg.html

SueRS
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks, I think that would work. Downtown Disney would have Disney Transportation nearby.

MiaSRN62
07-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Sue,
Also wanted to add, that I believe the DD Hilton hotel is the only one that has the Extra Magic Hour perk if that's important to you.

sue1013
07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Downtown Disney transportation is only to resorts. You can't get a bus from downtown to any of the parks. You would need to go to a resort then transfer to bus to the parks.

CarolA
07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks, I think that would work. Downtown Disney would have Disney Transportation nearby.

Not really DTD has DIsney transport ONLY to other Disney hotels not to the parks. They got rid of that service a few years ago because folks were parking there and blocking the lot while they spent all day at the parks.

spiceycat
07-27-2005, 01:12 PM
As I say sometimes the WDW value resorts are cheaper than the DD hotels.

check your prices FIRST.

I would rather stay on property - with all the property benefits than to pay the same price for non WDW hotel. DD hotels do not use Disney transportation. there is one bus for each park but it goes to all 7 hotels before going to the parks. so if your stop is the first one you got a long wait to get to the parks.

still however it is better than off-site transportation - where the bus generally goes 2x in the morning, and 3x in the evening.

however all that say you can generally get a better price staying offsite and renting a car.