PDA

View Full Version : Macon Georgia motels, I475

judykay53
07-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Any reviews on these motels. I know some fellow disers were planning on staying here earlier in the summer. We want one for our trip in September with a continental breakfast and in the $60ish range. The breakfast is the top priority though. :sunny:

swilshire
07-26-2005, 06:45 PM
There is a good selection if you take I75 directly through town. I've stayed at the Residence Inn and Wingate. Both very nice (though the Wingate has small rooms for a family). Got a Comfort Inn on Priceline cheap once. There are others, but the specific brands don't come to mind right now.

We weren't impressed with the only one we ever tried on I475. I think it was a Jameson Inn. OK, just nothing special.

Sheila

SB in KY
07-26-2005, 07:57 PM
I agree with previous poster....we have never had good luck at any of the I-475 hotels....I am sending this from the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Macon...we are here tonight on a Priceline bid of $34 About $50 with taxes and fees)....we have gotten this property twice and the Fairfield Inn and Suites across the street twice on 2* Priceline bids in the Macon North Area. Both LaQuinta and the Fairfield are very new and clean, nice pools/patios, good staff and excellent continental breakfast offerings. If you are coming through on a weekend it may take mid-$40's to 50 to get a room here through Priceline (mid-30's usually work during the week)Free HS internet both places also. There is also a nice Residence Inn and a Courtyard in the 2.5* category, same zone.

Be sure to limit your bid to Macon North zone...the Macon Zone (downtown has some not great properties in not great neighborhoods).

Takin I-75 is the best way to get through Macon right now...they are doing bridge repair/construction on the 475 loop right now and traffic was creeping by mid afternoon. (not sure if they will be finished by your Sept date or not)....but either way it isn't more than 5 or 6 minutes out of your way and there are MANY more dining choices on the 75 side as well as much nicer lodging.

judykay53
07-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks so much for the info.

talicskai
07-27-2005, 10:54 PM
We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Cordele. It is about 30 minutes south of Macon on I75. The pool is the warmest one I have ever been in and like all HI Express' the breakfast is excellent (especially the cinnamon buns!)

I think we paid around $65 in February. From there it is only 100 miles to the border and another 3-4 hours to Orlando (depends how many stops you make)

Teresa :flower:

judykay53
07-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks. That sounds like a good option.

dawgsgirl
07-28-2005, 07:25 PM
I personally would not stay anywhere near Macon. I lived there many years ago. It is usually a good idea to avoid the larger towns for overnight stays. Forsyth is just north of Macon and Perry is just south of Macon. I have also stayed at HI Express in Cordele and really liked the motel and the area.

Disney Debbie
07-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Yuck - I hate Cordele! The rocket there draws all the crazy people!! :rotfl:

I'd suggest Perry or Warner Robins. Or you could just drive an extra 20 miles and come stay with me!! :teeth:

judykay53
07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh boy, now I'm more confused. :confused3

Disney Debbie - Don't tempt me :) What do you mean rocket?

Disney Debbie
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
For some strange reason, Cordele has an old rocket right there at their main exit. I really don't know why - Cordele isn't any center of the space industry or anything! or a military base. I've lived 20 - 30 miles from Cordele all my life and I just think of it as a yucky town - sorry if I insult anyone from Cordele! And you hear about really strange and weird things happening there so we've always joked that it's the rocket!!

If you go a little south of Macon to the Centerville/Warner Robins exit (ignore the Cafe Erotica to the west :teeth: )I know there are a few hotels about 3 miles to the East. I'm sorry I can't remember thier names - but they look decent and they're fairly new and near the small mall and movie theatre there with plenty of restaurants near by. That would be my recommendation for you!

talicskai
07-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Yuck - I hate Cordele! The rocket there draws all the crazy people!! :rotfl:

I'd suggest Perry or Warner Robins. Or you could just drive an extra 20 miles and come stay with me!! :teeth:

We tried Perry once(we had to leave the Ramada and drive on with the kids in their bathing suits due to a filthy room) but was turned off by the dirty motels and gas stations everywhere.....We have stayed at the HI Express twice plus recommended it for lots of family and friends and they have all loved it.....to each their own.

Teresa :flower: