PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with renting timeshare!

corinne148
07-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi everybody!

Just learned about renting timeshares and am so excited about it! But I donīt really understand everything. Thatīs where I thought you all could help. I stayed at Hilton Grand vacation seaworld last year and really loved it. Next year Iīm going with my younger siblings (real young,17 and 15) and we are all going to pay for ourselves. Thatīs why renting a timeshare seems so good, especially the price.

So what are your basic tips?
Where can I find rentals for outside disney?
What do I watch out for so I donīt get fooled?
Can you rent longer than 7 days?

Is there anybody here who knows alot about these things who would consider being my guide trough all this? Maybe for a small fee?

Thanks everybody!!

spiceycat
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
hi again.

in addition to condodirect, redweek, skyauction - that I already mention.

www.vrbo.com
there are generally timeshares but condos, townhouses and houses that you rent directly from the owner.

there is alot out there to choose from - isn't the internet great!!! :cool1:

swilshire
07-26-2005, 11:51 AM
If you are not much older than your siblings, be aware that most timeshares have minimum age restrictions to check-in. You would have to check with the resorts you were considering, but 25yo may be required.

Sheila

spiceycat
07-26-2005, 12:00 PM
you can rent DVC points. but that is probably it.

WDW allows 18 year old and up to rent.

corinne148
07-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks again for all the recommendations!

Spiceycat,how do you see if they are a owner or a broker on redweek?

On all the places I have checked it often just says 7 days, sometimes 14. But I need three weeks, is that possible? Do you just request it or something?

Iīm going to be 23 next year, do you think thatīs old enough?

:earsboy:

spiceycat
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
if they are broker they have to advertise it.

it will say in their ad realty something - I think.

just in your email ask about added fees.

if they say no extra fees - they should be fine. if the mention extra fees avoid them and find somebody else. all legal extra fees will be mention in the ad.

some places on the beach has an added fee that you pay when you check in the resort. You shouldn't be charged for this until you arrive - but you should be warned that this fee exist.

most of the time the owner only own one week. that is all they have access to. You may have to change resorts (and who you are renting from) at least once if not twice.