PDA

View Full Version : Condo Rentals

vegasnative
07-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone has stayed at any of the condo rentals in the Orlando area. We really want to try to get a room with a kitchenette or full kitchen. Any suggestions?

spiceycat
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
if you want to rent from an owner

www.vrbo.com

timeshares from RCI
www.skyauction.com

owners and others (brokers, other sites, etC)
www.redweek.com

owners
www.tug2.net - you are just looking at the classified so you don't need to join

internet wholesale that rents by the day not week - some are condos, some are timeshares, some are townhouses and somes are hotels - be careful

www.hotelkingdom.com

www.hotelmartusa.com

forgot one

II direct rentals to pubic
www.condodirect.com

disneysteve
07-25-2005, 11:49 AM
We've rented at Windsor Palms and loved it. Very spacious condo. Nice property and amenities. Good location. The sites mentioned above are good sources. Also, check http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/. That's where I found the place we rented.

We've also stayed at Orbit One Vacation Villas through SkyAuction and loved that even more since it was so much cheaper ($37/nite). We are staying there again in November.

MARCIAKAZ
07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
We also rented a 3 bedroom condo at Windsor Palms thru an individual--we found him at vrbo.com. It was a great condo, roomy, clean, well furnished...and the location was also very convenient. And the price was GREAT--$560 for a week in August!!

BonnieA
07-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I have stayed at Windsor Palms and it's nice. Last January I stayed at Sweetwater Club. Also very nice, the price is great and the owners are friendly, here's the link to that one:
http://www.vrbo.com/13611

sherry66
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
We have also stayed at Windsor Palms and loved it! Our TA booked it for us.

chris7
07-25-2005, 05:17 PM
We are going to WDW for our first trip in Dec. I spent a couple of hours going back through the old posts on this thread and made a list of the places that kept coming up. Then I checked them out through trip advisor to see what people there had to say. Narrowed it down to about 3 places that looked good to me and made the final decision on price. Ended up getting a 2 bedroom at Cypress Pointe for $80 a nite including tax.

vegasnative
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
chris7,
I'm also leaning toward Cypress Pointe, it looks pretty good. So do the condos that others have recommended but they require a min. 7 night stay, I'll just need it for 4 nights. I also looked at the Regal Palms, that looks good also.

disneysteve
07-25-2005, 08:12 PM
they require a min. 7 night stay, I'll just need it for 4 nights.
Many owners may state a 7-nite minimum but will negotiate with you for fewer nites. The rate will probably be a little higher and/or they may charge a cleaning fee that is included on a longer stay. It all depends on the time of year and how likely they think they are to get a better deal/longer rental. It never hurts to e-mail the owner of a property you are interested in and ask if they would consider a shorter rental.

Another option to consider is Skyauction. The rates are so low on the Ready, Set, Go auctions that even if you pay for a week and only use 4 days it is still cheap. For example, we paid $261 for our week in November. Even if you pay that and only stay 4 nites, the cost per nite is just $65.25.

vegasnative
07-26-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks spiceycat, I had never heard of hotelmartusa before. I found the same rental condo that I was looking at on travelocity for $20.18 less a night, so I am very happy!!!! :jumping1: thanks a bunch for your help!!!

vegasnative
07-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Spiceycat,
actually it was more of a savings than that, I got it for $69. a night "including tax", for total of $276. when travelocity was going to get 89.18 a night plus tax for a total of 412. and change.....So, again, BIG THANKS to you!!!!!!!!!!! :sunny: