PDA

View Full Version : Hilton in Downtown Disney

Pocahantas
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Has anyone stayed here recently??? We are thinking of staying here our first night in October. We should get to Disney around 8:30 p.m. and thought we could do some shopping at the Marketplace that night. I think the stores stay open until 11:00 or so on Friday nights. The Hilton looks like the closest hotel to the Marketplace and we should be able to walk there. Anyone have any thoughts on the hotel and its location?? Also, do they offer any discounts for late October?? The lowest price I find now is $120 which is more than we want to spend for one night. I have seen that some of the other hotels offer discounts around $80 and was hoping the Hilton does as well.

Phrank40
07-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, I'll jump in since no one else has posted.

Stayed there a couple of years ago, we arrived after 11pm having booked a standard room, and somehow wound up with some kind of "executive suite" with four beds in a very large room and two bathrooms. What a surprise. Hotel is across the street from DTD and very walkable. To be honest I can't remember much about it, but was attractive , nice landscaping, seemed a bit more business traveler than Disney traveler but perhaps decor changed since then. Rate wise it pays to check different sites for the best rate. It seems to change quite often on the Hilton site. Occasionally there is a special $99+- rate that pops up, may be AAA or AARP or internet rate.

I thought food at the convenience type store was a bit expensive, a coke was around $2.50 and this was several years ago. I would do any food/snack type shopping before you get there.

Biggest plus is location, probably not much more than 5-10 minutes from your room to DTD depending on elevator speed and stoplight across main road.

Phrank

triplejoy
07-26-2005, 11:23 PM
We are staying there for a week August 13-20, 2005. I'll be sure and post my comments and feedback on the hotel after our stay.

The hotel is rated as a 4-diamond hotel. I understand it is a convention/business hotel more than a Disney-themed property, but we chose it for the upscale nature and the proximity to DTD. I will let everyone know if we are pleased or disappointed upon our return.

CarolA
07-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I have stayed there. The rooms were redone a few years ago and were kind of an "art deco" style.

It is more of a convention hotel, but I liked it. Great location. I did not use the bus or the pool so I can't comment there.

The food court area seemed fine to me. Prices were comparable to Disney and the selction was OK.

HGLightlyj
07-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I have stayed there. The rooms were redone a few years ago and were kind of an "art deco" style.

It is more of a convention hotel, but I liked it. Great location. I did not use the bus or the pool so I can't comment there.

The food court area seemed fine to me. Prices were comparable to Disney and the selction was OK.

We stayed there two years ago, and it is the best DD hotel I have stayed at. The food at the restaurants was excellent. I tried the buffet breakfast, full serve lunch and another time tried a seafood buffet. All very good. It's one of the first stops for the transportation, so you can get a seat easily. As I remember, they offer shuttle services to shopping malls, etc. Our room was fine. Overall, I felt the hotel seemed much more updated than the Best Western and the Royal....located at DD.