PDA

View Full Version : Need review of Best Western on Hotel Plaza Blvd.

ncbyrne
07-25-2005, 01:53 AM
When Song announced they would no longer be flying out of Newark Int'l, we had to change airlines. In order to use our Amex Skymiles we had to switch to Continental. But that meant changing and extending our dates. We are still booked at the CSR, but have added three nights at the Best Western. We were looking for the lowest price on any DD location and found a $64 rate on Hotwire. What have you liked/disliked about this hotel?

cyansmom
07-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Aloha!

we stayed there for our first night in Orlando. It was spacious and okay for our family of 5 (one King + sofa bed). The bathroom is really small and had some mold which is common in Orlando. there is a game room which my sons loved. I think you can get a better rate than $64 through Dreams Unlimited. I used them and got a rate of $59. I didn't use the transportation to the parks. We basically used it to sleep before staying on-site. If you have any other questions, pm me.

cyansmom

ncbyrne
07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
bumping up

Phrank40
07-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Have stayed there a couple of times over the past year or so. I like the large rooms with balcony. I think our room had two queen beds. Many of the upper level rooms have a great view of Downtown Disney or toward the Parks, can see fireworks from many of the rooms or from the firescape stairs balconies. Request a room above the 10th floor or so to get the view. Walking distance to DD about 15 minutes away, it is a pleasant walk. There are restaurants and shopping center less than 10 minute walk in other direction. Hotel was remodeled a few years ago and is in pretty good condition. I think a good deal for $60-$70, real good deal for less than $60.

Phrank