PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Kingdom's Best Rate Guarantee?

summersfam4
07-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Have any of you ever tried to get Hotel Kingdom to do this? They offer to match a lower rate that you find on any public website if you have an existing reservation, plus give you $10.00 (the hotel you find must have a best rate guarantee dollar sign on their HK's website). I have submitted my request for the best rate guarantee as I made reservations with HK for Cypress Pointe Resort, and then found it on another website for less. I'm just wondering if this has worked out for anyone else, and if they did indeed match it? If it works out for me I will save just $25.90 for three nights, but hey it would be a great rate! :teeth:

Kelly

sln88
07-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I did this several times a couple of years ago. They matched the rate and I got another $10 off. I think I had to argue with them once. There used to be a Rick Rivera(I think) that seemed to be in charge that ended up helping me out with it.

07-25-2005, 03:43 PM
What site beats HK?

sln88
07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I think when I found better rates, it may have been thru the hotels website. I did a few and looked around alot, so I don't really remember.

summersfam4
07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the response! I talked to Hotel Kingdom today and they told me to leave the rep for the Best Rate Guarantee a voice mail so I did and was told he would probably return my call tomorrow. I'll check in my drawer for the papers I had printed out and then post the website with the better rate on the 2 bedroom villa. After seeing the guarantee I searched all over to find a better rate, I love getting the best price!

Kelly

summersfam4
08-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok, I finally worked everything out with Hotel Kingdom. I had previously found a better rate at www.inntopia.com of $87.00/night, the rate at HK was $93.22 per night. Hotel Kingdom matched the rate of inntopia, plus gave me $10.00 for finding a better rate. Although it took some calling on my part, they were always very nice (although didn't return calls very often).

Thanks,
Kelly :flower: