PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at the Sheraton Studios?

Amyrlin
07-24-2005, 06:20 AM
We have mananged to get the Sheraton Studios on the $69 a night rate with a free upgrade. It looks nice, but I am wondering if anhyine has stayed there, if so what is it like?

adrien32
07-24-2005, 09:14 PM
I have stayed there several times. We like it because there are queen beds instead of doubles, and the hotel has nice theming. There is also a restaurant on-site. We've never used the pool because we're usually there in the late fall or winter.

SpideyHulk24
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
It's a great hotel, especially at the right you got. I have seen them go as high as $159 a night, but I would be disappointed if I paid that much.
The hotel is at a great location, very close to Universal and the views from the rooms are great. Ask for a high floor/Universal view and you will have a great time! The beds are unbelievable!

Have a great time!

Goofy4WDW1964
07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
We just stayed at the Sheraton Studio City, I am assuming that this is the one you were talking about, the first week of June, 2005. We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was clean, a big priority on my list, and the staff was fantastic. The hotel is very convenient because you are north of the International Drive mess. It is perfect for Universal Studios, just a 5 minute drive to the parking garage. They do have a shuttle, but we had our car, so we did not use it. The pool is small, but very nice. We didn't eat at the restaurant. But, there are plenty around. You did get a good rate. We paid $99.00 on AAA in June. Our room was on floor 8 and we did have a Universal Studios/IOA view. In the morning, we could look out our window and see The Hulk and Dr. Doom going.

We also chose this hotel for the queen size beds. The rooms are not huge, but they are a little bigger than a standard hotel room because of the shape of the hotel.

Everything in our room and the lobby and pool was in good condition. Our bathroom sink did drain very slow. I told the front desk when I checked out that they would probably want someone to check out the sink because it drained slow. She told me that they would have that taken care of and took $15.00 off my bill. I didn't even ask.

If you have to go south on International Drive to get somewhere, such as the Convention Center or Sea World or Disney World, Take Universal Blvd instead of International Drive. It is A LOT LESS traffic. And, it connects back to International Drive down by the convention center.

I would stay here again the next time we go to Orlando, even at the $99.00 rate.

Amyrlin
07-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Thats the one, thaks for that tip as well. There are only two of us so we don't need big, but big beds are nice :)