PDA

View Full Version : VMK problems/vent

3gr8kids
07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Okay - I'm about at my wits end with VMK. WHY CAN'T I LOG ON????????

:badpc: I was able to join about two weeks ago, picked out a (really) cute person with a hip hairdo and cool outfit (with matching shoes of course, ha ha), played a few games, won a couple of pins, met some nice people, but now, everytime I try to play, after I type in my log-on and password, I either get
a - the plain black screen
b - the little bar that freezes about 1/4 of the way through
c - a pop up that says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, then closes not only the VMK window, but my whole internet connection
or d - nothing at all

WHAT IS UP?????

I thought maybe it was just my home computer, but when I tried to log on at work, same things happened. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the shockwave player, I have tried running all of my scans/spyware utilities, I tried disabling third party stuff, and even doing a system restore to an earlier date.......but NOTHING WORKS!! I MISS MY CHARACTER!!

Any help/ideas/info/sympathy would be greatly appreciated! (oh, and thanks for letting me vent!)

~ Karla :wave2:

Belle1997
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
You might try reinstalling internet Explorer :) Also at my work the computer is only a Pentium 2 and I have problems logging on to. I can not play any of the games properly. Even jungle cruise the animals pop up to fast.So I just click jungle cruise and let by boat sail through the course without playing. Then start again. I still get 20 credits. My record is 45 jungle cruise in a day. (it took all day) :cool1: that is 900 credits for just pushing a start button. :bounce:

GBShorts
07-22-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd like to suggest a whole new route, just for giggles.

Try Firefox, I've used that this entire time and only encountered a few problems-when others are encountering the same.

Also, whenever I get just the "black screen" instead of a load bar, I backspace out (to go back a screen) and re-log in. If that doesn't work, then I have to do a hard restart of my computer. No amount of cookie deleting seems to do the trick :)

Greatest of luck to you!

2morrow
07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Karla I am having the same problems as you, most of the time I log in and the progress bar goes up to 1/4 or 1/2 way and then freezes, sometimes I would hit refesh and sometimes I would just log in all over again-NOTHING!
GBShorts- I have also downloaded firefox and tried that route and still nothing, I think I have figured out my problem not enough RAM, it doesn't make since to me that I was able to play for a few weeks and then all of a sudden nothing, but this is what I'm looking into now, the game requires 256MB or faster and I checked and our computer doesn't have enough now,so I understand that I can buy something to give me what I need. So you may want to look at the game requirments to see if that maybe your problem too-just a suggestion! Otherwise, I think I'm cursed!!!!

DemonLlama
07-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Yesterday this happened to me and I cannot get back on.

It has never happened before and yesterday was the first day since the beginning I have not been in VMK.

And I tried logging in hourly.

I tried again today.

I have uninstalled and reintalled shockwave, defragged, run my spy stuff again just to double check, emptied cookies, and NOTHING.

It is driving me to distraction.

3gr8kids
07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions/ideas/support. :goodvibes Although I'm sorry some of you are having the same problems, it's so very nice to know I'm not alone in my VMK insanity. I will definitely try your suggestions and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again,

~ Karla :wave2:

Adventuredaz
07-23-2005, 02:36 AM
As note, Windows NT (for player at work) is very unstable especially running this flash player. I keep getting physical memory dump after running awhile. as far as the black screen - sometimes it may open with time but I agree you will have more luck restarting the system.

momzilla59
07-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I have the same problem when I am logged in on my account (WinXP) but not when using my husbands account. Very frustrating, un and re installing everything hasn't helped at all. I finally gave up and just log in hubby's so I can play VMK.
I need that fix of dancing at closing!