PDA

View Full Version : Excursions from orlando? Any other ideas?

florida-again
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
As you might have read in my other posts, me and my boyfriend are giving the theme parks a miss this year because we've been recently.

Last year we spent 200 each (approx $400each) on theme park tickets, so we were wondering what to do with our theoretically 'spare' $800.

We thought maybe an excursion or something? A day in the bahamas???

Any suggestions? Doesn;t have to be an excursion, any suggestions are welcome!

abacobaby
07-21-2005, 06:12 PM
We are planning on doing a shopping tour. From the website I see that they do all kinds of different tours. The site is www.gatortours.com

Hope this helps!

tink,too
07-21-2005, 06:16 PM
DH & I did a sunrise balloon flight - early start (about 5am) and finished around 10am, but an experience in a lifetime!

It cost us about 100 each (we paid $10 to be picked up from our hotel and taken to the meeting point, and back again at the end) and this included an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast in a hotel upon landing.

When you're doing "florida again" it's nice to see it from a different perspective sometimes and not just the parks. ;)

My parents have done the Bahamas 2-day cruise and they enjoyed it - my mum said it was a great way to relax after doing the parks.

Have fun deciding!

mabber
07-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Go to Kennedy Space Center and the beach one day. Also, Silver Springs is about 90 miles away. (silversprings dot com) Looks like a cool place although I've never been there.

spiceycat
07-21-2005, 07:17 PM
www.silversprings.com is a nice place
It is in Ocala.

www.cypressgardens.com

both of these places are around an hour to an hour and half away.

also

www.buschgardens.com
in tampa is about 90 minutes away (might be longer)

those are the big ones - now if you want something little.

this the visitor bureau for Kissimmee (the area next to Disney)
http://www.floridakiss.com/

the list lots of stuff to do. get their free vacation kit - it is in travel tools.

www.orlandoinfo.com
is orlando visitors bureau - it also has a ton of stuff. now most of the stuff is the same in both places. but sometimes you find a better discount with one than the other.

florida-again
07-22-2005, 07:22 AM
DH & I did a sunrise balloon flight - early start (about 5am) and finished around 10am, but an experience in a lifetime!

It cost us about 100 each (we paid $10 to be picked up from our hotel and taken to the meeting point, and back again at the end) and this included an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast in a hotel upon landing.

When you're doing "florida again" it's nice to see it from a different perspective sometimes and not just the parks. ;)

My parents have done the Bahamas 2-day cruise and they enjoyed it - my mum said it was a great way to relax after doing the parks.

Have fun deciding!

Could you please let me know what the Bahamas cruise was and how I could book one?