PDA

View Full Version : Nice hotel - Kennedy Space Center area

foxfire
07-21-2005, 04:05 PM
We are taking my dad to his Marine squadron reunion in Jacksonville, FL in September. After it's over, we would like to take him & my mom to the Space Center (they've never been there). We've done the tour a couple of times when we were staying in Daytona but are there any nice hotels nearer the Center that anyone would recommend?

hercamore
07-21-2005, 04:23 PM
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Titusville several summers ago for a couple days. It's near the exit road to KSC.

Clean room and pleasant staff.

herc.

foxfire
07-21-2005, 04:48 PM
The location sounds perfect and I have a Priority Club card so a HI would work well...thanks!

hercamore
07-21-2005, 05:41 PM
They may take the entertainment card, too, if yo have it. Also the HI is right on the Indian River, so rooms near the river side are a little higher.

herc.

RichieGraciemom
07-21-2005, 05:46 PM
we also stayed at cocoa beach hilton, that is where the russians stayed when the russian went up in space. Nice hotel on the beach.

foxfire
07-22-2005, 02:30 PM
RichieGraciemom --

Thanks, I'll check out this one, also!

hobogary
07-22-2005, 05:59 PM
We have stayed at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn twice, very nice motel and an easy drive to KSC.

golfgal
07-23-2005, 07:26 AM
We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach, I wouldn't recommend staying there. The room was ok, but the rest of the place was kind of dumpy. Here is a link to a cruise site that has some hotel reviews. This is mainly for access to the cruise ships, but it has good hotel info for the KSP area.

http://www.dcltribute.com/lodging/

The Courtyard, the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn Oceanfront were all near us and they all were newer and looked nice from the outside.

foxfire
07-23-2005, 12:19 PM
hobogary and golfgal --

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will definitely check those out, too!

PhotobearSam
07-23-2005, 01:46 PM
JUST DON"T STAY AT THE MOTEL 6 in Cocoa Beach...nuff said. :scared1:

foxfire
07-23-2005, 02:59 PM
JUST DON"T STAY AT THE MOTEL 6 in Cocoa Beach...nuff said. :scared1:

Thanks!

Advice noted and underlined in red!! :eek:

Tiger Fan
07-25-2005, 11:04 PM
We just stayed here in June and were very pleased. We got an internet special rate for $49 and the room was very nice and clean. The free breakfast was pretty expansive for continental (it had several hot items including gravy and biscuits) and the drive to KSC was just a few short minutes. Hope this helps.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

We have stayed at Best Western Space Shuttle Inn twice, very nice motel and an easy drive to KSC.

foxfire
07-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Thank you, Tiger Fan...I appreciate your feedback and it does help!

SoVeryBlessed
07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
We are taking my dad to his Marine squadron reunion in Jacksonville, FL in September. After it's over, we would like to take him & my mom to the Space Center (they've never been there). We've done the tour a couple of times when we were staying in Daytona but are there any nice hotels nearer the Center that anyone would recommend?

Foxfire,

Please tell your Father "Thank You" for serving our country! Enjoy your trip :sunny:

foxfire
07-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Awww, SoVeryBlessed...that is SO nice of you! I will certainly tell my dad and I know it will touch his heart. Thank YOU for that thoughtful post! :flower: