PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield or Marriott in Marriott Village

Tigger7570
07-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi:
We have stayed at the Marriott in the Marriott Village for three days in the spring before checking into OKW and were very happy with it. We are again going to arrive three days earlier and I was looking at the Marriott, but also saw a great deal on the Fairfield for the same time, also located in the Marriott Village. For those of you who have stayed at either the Fairfield or the Fairfield and Marriott, what's your opinion? What did you think of the Fairfield and if you stayed at both did you find that there a big difference between the two. We don't care about the continental breakfast and for the three days it is just DH and I for those first three days and then again we're going to OKW and will be joined by family. Thank you.

LisaRay
07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
I am confused by the question. There are 3 hotels in the Marriott Village and they are all 3 by Marriott.
1. Fairfield in
2. Courtyard
3. Springhill Suites

Those are the 3 Marriott hotels that make up the Marriott Village.

NHLizzie
07-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I have stayed at both the Courtyard and the Fairfield in Marriott Village. As you noted, the Courtyard does not include the free continental breakfast. I enjoyed my stay in both of these hotels...friendly service, clean, well-maintained. The biggest difference I noted when I was there is that the Courtyard seemed quieter with less children. Also, my daughter feels that the beds at the Courtyard are more comfortable.

Tigger7570
07-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi: Sorry if I confused you. I know there are three hotels in the Marriott Village, and I have stayed at the Courtyard, sorry, I should have said Courtyard not Marriott, and I am now interested in finding out about the Fairfield. My understanding is that each of the three hotels are different and I just wanted an opinion about the Fairfield. Thanks, again

Tigger7570
07-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi NH Lizzie:
Thank you for the reply. We stayed in a king at the Courtyard and it was very comfortable. Also, we didn't seem to notice any noise from children on our floor although we did see children, it did seem to be a pretty quiet hotel.

NHLizzie
07-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I found the king room that I was given at the Fairfield Inn to be quite a bit smaller than the room with two beds. The bathroom set-up is similar to the Courtyard with the vanity/sink outside of the room with the tub and toilet;however, I think this area at the Fairfield is smaller. I friend that I was with had a room with two beds and that room seemed quite large. These rooms also had a small fridge.

mill4023
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
We stayed 4 nights at the Fairfield in May. If I was looking for a nice, clean, well-maintained, inexpensive place to stay, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We paid about $44/night by using AAA's exclusive deals. It was well worth that price.
Positives: The continental breakfast was much better than most I've had before. In addition to the standard pastries, muffins and juice, they also had fresh fruit, yogurt, and waffles.
Negatives: The food court(coffee, pizza, frozen yogurt) had terrible employees with no interest in customer service whatsoever.

Tigger7570
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi mill4023:
That's exactly what we are looking for neat, nice and clean for just three nights before we check in to our home resort of OKW and the deal from AAA was better on the Fairfield than on the Courtyard. I noticed the same thing about the employees at the Food Court when we were there in April, but again, we were there only for three nights and we only got coffee so it didn't impact us that much. Thanks for the reply.