PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of REAS

heart
07-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Opinions, please.

I was all set to book REAS before the system changed. I'm not sure how adventageous it is now from a SCHEDULING standpoint for return cruisers.

Can you schedule brunch and tea at 105 days also? Can you schedule Palo for your group, or just the two of you? The massage is not my driving reason, as massage can be done anywhere--but I'd be crushed to be on DCL and not go to Palo!

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I did try to "search" this topic before posting the question--sorry if it's been overdone before--if it has, I missed it!

daisy112878
07-19-2005, 04:02 PM
If you have REAS you can schedule everything you want too online at 105 days out. We keep our REAS after the change b/c of the 105 days out. We had our pick of dates and times for everything. Other first time cruisers on our cruise we were not so lucky at 75 days out. Some of them didn't get any palo and are going to try when they board the ship. I was just glad to get it done and not have to worry about it once we board the ship. We want to relax and not worry about spa appts or palo dining.

bbowers
07-19-2005, 06:29 PM
For RETURN cruisers, I don't see much advantage. The only reason we did REAS our first time was to get the Palo's ressies, and now that we can book online, I don't think we'll ever do it again. Had no problem with the DVC cruise at 60 days out, and every single person from the DIS who is on that cruise was no doubt trying at the same time, so it can't ever be worse than that!

(I was glad we did it that first time, though, because DH was thrilled with the rose petals. Go figure (big, stern-looking guy no one at work can even believe likes Disney - but he loved those roses!).)

heart
07-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks for your help. I decided to just go ahead with it--the vacation is costing a fortune, anyway--what's another couple hundred :rotfl2: !

Now I have to figure out when 105 days is so that I pay in full ahead of time...

Jsme
07-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I think the only advantage is the fact you can book on-line at 105 days out if paid in full. This way you can go to Palp's for dinner, brunch and High tea if you want.

Well let me add the romantic breakfast in bed might be a perk too.