PDA

View Full Version : Studio Sea

Barbmouse63
07-19-2005, 12:48 PM
We will cruise for the first time in summer 2006........4 day Wonder! Trying to check out activities on the ship.

Studio Sea looks and sounds so cool to me but I haven't read much about it other than on DCL's site. Do you guys have any family fun stories to share? When do you go..after the shows? I really want to have an idea of places to go, things to see, before the trip so we can fit in as much fun as possible in those 4 days!
TIA! These boards are great and fun too!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

mmouse37
07-19-2005, 01:13 PM
There was a whole thread about Studio Sea just a few days ago.....

I did a search and found it....here is the thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=858108&highlight=studio+sea

MJ

Barbmouse63
07-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks!!!! :earsboy:

mom x4,grandma x4
07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Wow, there are so many things to do that there is no way you can do them all in one trip and they keep adding new things all the time. We have done 7 DCL cruises and 8,9 and 10 are booked too.
Since I dont know the ages of any kids with you I will just name a few things aboard that I can remember off the top of my head for all ages.

Stage show everynight, for everyone. Even the kids love the characters in them. High quality talent. Golden Mickeys a must!
The jugglers and comedians and magicians are great too. They usually perform in the Walt disney theater and then again another time in one of the clubs for adults only. Not dirty jokes, but suggestive and very funny, not offrnsive at all.
Bingo
Mt. Toads wild race, for younger kids in the atrium. Parents may help the littlest kids with jumping a cardboard frog across the arrium.
Mickey 200 race. This is a great family one to do. Only the first 16 families who sign up can do it, so arrive a little early. Family must name their car and in 10 minutes mom or dad or teens can make a race car from a potato, a carrot, 4 wheels, and 4 sword picks. Kids then can place them on the race track and race. Since you use aknife to cut the veggies an adult needs to assist or do that part. Also they dont tell you but most of the time they give a medal for the best design before the race. WE carved a mickey head out of a carrot wheel and put in the drivers seat and won. This is something you can practice at home as a family ahead of time too.
They have family kite making too and a special place on CC to fly them.
Wine tasting
culinary demonstrations
galley tour
bridge tour
Promenade lounge with live soft rock or light jazz , with a small dance floor for families. Kids often danc ewith parents here. Lots of board games you can grab and play when ever you want. Games for all ages.
Kids clubs for all ages
Night clubs with music and dancing 18 and older.
Teens have own club, with dance parties, pool parties, pizza parties, karoake, their own arcade and teen only excursions.
A arcade for everyone ( costs extra)
Ice carving demonstrations
Character meet and greets
Movie theater with movies for all ages.
Kids pool
family pool
adult only pool and bar and cafe(coffee)
Salsa and line dancing lessons for the entire family
Family Karoake
Family dances
Walk the Plank game for families
Who wants to be a mouseketeer game show, picked at random from audience.
free ice cream at scoops
towel folding- learn to make animals from towels, for all ages
Napkin folding- all ages
Learn to draw Mickey lessons all ages
shuffleboard, deck 4
jogging deck deck 4
ping pong deck 9
basketball deck 10
Ships tour first day only
ask at guest relations for a paper that tells you where the hidden mickeys are and look for them as a family. Kids are great at finding them. Most people dont know about this.

You can also take a couple of pillowcases or a matte picture frame to guest realations on the first day. Put them in azip lock bag with colored markers( wont wash out) and ask to have all the characters sign them. Be sure and include your name and room # and it will be returned to you the last night of the cruise. That is a free personal souvenir to take back. They do try to limit how many items, but usually one per child is ok, or if no kids one per adult.
Most people dont know about that too.
anyway at CC there is a lot to do also, riding bikes, volleyball, grouper game room. Pool, chess,checkers,shuffleboard,kids sandbox, hoops, chip it golf. It just goes on and on and on.
Hope this has helped some.
mom x4,grandma x4

mom x4,grandma x4
07-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I just realized your on the wonder so some of the above mentioned things will not be on your ship, however you will have some things that the magic wont have too.
While in Nassau the Pirate museum is really good. It's $10 per adult. It's a large purple building 2 blocks behind the straw market, you cant miss it.
The atlantis tour is good if the kids like to see an aquarium. The tour goes rather quickly, however you can go back again and again if you want after the tour at your own pace. No need to hurry, the water taxi's run all day.
If you take the water taxi's you will have a short uphill walk to atlantis from where you dock.
The glass bottom boat was a good way to see fish in their natural state. But those boata do bob up and down a bit. Not scary, but if anyone has a touchy stomach for motion, think twice about it.
We liked the horse drawn carriage tour, right by the dock. $10 per person, plus tip. It's about 25 minute ride through town.
The 2 hours historical tour is fun, especially if your into history and there are 2 forts to see. One isn't much left, but the other is a guided tour, kind of neat to see. Kids usually get akick out of it. The queen anne's staircase is there too. You can hike up them or ride up with your guide and meet at the fort. Quit a bit of riding, but it's a very good tour.
Have a great trip.
mom x4,grandma x4