PDA

View Full Version : Hot Temp Outside - How is it inside?

UMTerp
07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
We are going on the August repo cruise. I know it will be hot, hot, hot outside. What about inside? staterooms? hallways? resturants?

TIA to anyone who has cruised in hot weather before!

UMTerp

ChrizJen
07-19-2005, 11:42 AM
We were on the Wonder in Sept '03, and we found the temperature inside to be perfect. I wasn't like shockingly cold coming in from the warm outdoors, but it was definitely comfortably cool. And our stateroom was good at night as well. We like to keep the temp pretty low at night, usually between 69-73 degrees F, and we slept comfortably.

HTH
-Christal

Ratt45
07-19-2005, 12:38 PM
If you go to the theater where they show the movies, it is cold in there!!! :cold: I normally don't where long pants even to the theaters here, I wear shorts, but in that theater I would wear long pants and light sweater(just to keep the chill out). I can usually take a very low temp in the theaters, but not this one. :smooth:

linco711
07-19-2005, 12:43 PM
We were on the Wonder July 3. It was very hot outside, but was very comfortable inside. Stateroom was perfect. Theatre was slightly cold. Just bring a sweater! :flower:

pamkass
07-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi UMTerp,
Good question. This has been something that I have thought of. If I get to hot I will go swimming. Can't wait till Aug 18. I am doing 2 days in DisneyLand.
Pam

kcashner
07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
We cruised in July once upon a time....it was 106 outside the day we left. Inside was wonderful. You do have a thermostat in your stateroom. I would suggest a light sweater as some find it cool in the theatres.

Belle2002
07-19-2005, 11:22 PM
I remember freezing my butt off inside, especially on the deck where the shops are. I don't remember the restaraunts being too bad, and our room was fine.

kpgclark
07-20-2005, 05:53 AM
I also think it is interesting that a lot of people have been reporting cool weather for the first day or two on the west coast cruises. I don't get how it is cool outside in July! Anyhow we're planning to bring light sweaters for the ladies and not sure what to bring for the guys. I'm also bringing those dollar store like plastic one-use ponchos--one for each of us in case of rain during panama canal day. I _may_ pack an umbrella too.

UMTerp
07-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all of the info! I think we will be taking some type of sweater/jacket for everyone just in case. I didn't want to bring lots of tank tops for during the day and be too cold inside.

Thanks!

UMTerp