PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel would you choose - Hampton Inn,...

imomtojd
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Doubletree or Hilton if those were your choices for the night before the cruise. We have Hilton points, so we could stay for free if we choose one of these.

Lisa

logan1_2000
07-19-2005, 05:32 PM
If you are driving, and would be travelling south on I-95, there is a wonderful Hampton Inn, very new (less than a year) clean, modern, comfortable beds, roomy, etc., in Titusville, a few miles north of the the Exit for 528 to the Port. We stayed there in January, it was a great choice, and fewer points to be used for a Hampton, typically. Also has a great Wal Mart on the other side of the highway if you forgot anything, and not too far from Dixie Crossings for a great dinner the night before your cruise.

Never flew to port canaveral, so can't help you there, but others can if that is what you need.

MSWint
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
We have HiltonHHonors points also, wondering the same thing.

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront recently?

imomtojd
07-21-2005, 11:36 AM
We ended up booking the Hampton Inn. We've always been pleased with the rooms and service for the price, and looking through the threads, it doesn't seem that the Doubletree or Hilton are really any better.

Lisa

Jsme
07-21-2005, 11:56 AM
We have Hilton, Marriot and Rad points. We still chose to stay at the Rad. I do not have enough points to get anything free there yet, but I am working on it.

NJ Cruisers
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
We used our Hilton Honor points to stay at the Hampton Inns last November. Used less points than the other Hilton family hotels. It was nice - but we hardly at the hotel. The free Continental breakfast in the morning was perfect - didn't want to fill up on a big breakfast before the lunch buffet (YUMMY ... shrimp!!).

There was a nice pool, but we didn't have time to use it. We took a walk on the beach in the morning. The hotel isnt right on the beach, but it is a short, easy walk along a path.

We're staying at the Hampton this December also.

MSWint
07-21-2005, 12:59 PM
We are driving down from the Atlanta area the day before, here are the Hilton family Hotels near DCL. We have more points than we know what to do with, so the points don't really matter, which is the best?

Name Miles from DCL

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach 3.7 Miles

Doubletree Hotel Cocoa Beach-Oceanfront 4.7 Miles

Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront 5.2 Miles

Hampton Inn Titusville 18.1 Miles

OR there is always the Daytona Beach or Jacksonville area that each have a number of "Hilton" Hotels along the way to choose from, but I would prefer to stay as close to DCL as possible. Any suggestions?

logan1_2000
07-22-2005, 09:38 AM
I've driven down from ATL to DCL 4 times. When we cruise on the Magic, leaving Saturday, we leave Friday night after work (and after ATL traffic dies down) and make it to somewhere around Jax, then it is an easy 2 hours and change, straight down 95 on a Saturday morning, to the Port. When we sail on the Wonder departing on Sunday, we drive all the way down to the Space Coast, and have stayed at the Titusville Hampton this past year, very new, clean, nice, convenient. And see my above-post regarding Dixie Crossings for dinner the night before, elsewhere in Titusville.

Are you driving 75 to 16 to 95, or 75 to 10 to 95? The difference is just that if you were spending the night in Jax, your should take 295 from 10 to 95, and there is a Hampton we stayed at last trip, in Orange Park I believe, right on the way, again with a nice hot breakfast, though not as new and nice as the Titusville Hampton, but still fine for simply a place to sleep on the way to DCL.

over50visits
07-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Not to stir the pot :), but we ike to stay in Orlando before the cruise (3 cruises in the last 18 months). We like to go to Downtown the night before, and eat at a Disney restaurant. It gets us in the mood. The drive to the port is under one hour, and it is a wonderful, straight shot drive through the countryside, and during that hour we really get "psyched up" for our cruise. Some of us (no names mentioned, DS) wake up slowly, and the drive is the perfect time for that. And coming over the first bridge when the ship comes into view is a great sight.

Since you can't even get into the building before about 9:30 or 10, you don't have to get up that much earlier even if you want to be there first! We get a nice night at Disney, a quiet drive, and still are among the first on the ship.

That said, we have stayed at the Hampton just south of the port. It's okay, but has outside corridors, and we like the interior corridors of most Hamptons. It is just about 10 minutes from the pier, and is near shopping.

But, Orlando is MUCH better; even though it adds to the total mileage (driving down 75 or 95), it's not that much, and makes the night before kind of magical, rather than just a motel.

MSWint
07-23-2005, 10:55 AM
great suggestions all! I personally like the idea of staying at disney the night before, but have been over-ruled by DW and DD-8. They are really excited about staying in Cocoa Beach near the port. My DW is really interested in the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, but I'm a bit worried since the website says "This hotel is open and currently undergoing renovations, scheduled for completion in the Fall of 2005" ... does anyone know anything about this Hotel, what kind of shap is it in now? is it worth staying here or should I look elsewhere?

imomtojd
07-23-2005, 11:08 AM
...Not to stir the pot , but we ike to stay in Orlando before the cruise (3 cruises in the last 18 months). We like to go to Downtown the night before, and eat at a Disney restaurant. It gets us in the mood. The drive to the port is under one hour, and it is a wonderful, straight shot drive through the countryside, and during that hour we really get "psyched up" for our cruise. Some of us (no names mentioned, DS) wake up slowly, and the drive is the perfect time for that. And coming over the first bridge when the ship comes into view is a great sight...

You know, that was a great suggestion. We took it and decided to stay at one of the Embassy Suites in Orlando instead of driving to Cocoa Beach that night. Thanks for the idea :sunny:

kecall
07-24-2005, 01:26 AM
The drive to the port is under one hour, and it is a wonderful, straight shot drive through the countryside, and during that hour we really get "psyched up" for our cruise....But, Orlando is MUCH better; even though it adds to the total mileage (driving down 75 or 95), it's not that much, and makes the night before kind of magical, rather than just a motel.

What do you do with your vehicle while on the cruise?? Park it there??? How much does it run??? -- We haven't decided, but we normally drive to DW.... I'm thinking that having the flexibility of our own car would be nice....Any thoughts??

karen :)

over50visits
07-24-2005, 09:13 AM
What do you do with your vehicle while on the cruise?? Park it there??? How much does it run??? -- We haven't decided, but we normally drive to DW.... I'm thinking that having the flexibility of our own car would be nice....Any thoughts??:)

Personally, I feel a car is the only way to go. When you arrive (they open up about 10 or so), you drive right up to the front door, and porters take your baggage away (you next see it in your stateroom). You can let everyone off and they go right into the terminal. Then park literally across the street (about 50 yards) for $10 per night, paid in advance. Don't leave food in the car, they have an ant problem.

Then, on return, it goes like a breeze again. You get off the ship, wonderful porters are in abundance and gather your baggage (that takes about 30 seconds), go through customs (we have never had to even pause for more than about 5 seconds), and you all walk across the street to your car, the porter loads the luggage, and you're on the way. Much better than the gaggle going to the bus.

I can't recommend staying at Orlando the night before enough! We have done both, and the "magical" night at Disney, combined with a short and very relaxing ride, really seem to set the stage for the cruise.

sln88
07-24-2005, 05:59 PM
What do you do with your vehicle while on the cruise?? Park it there??? How much does it run??? -- We haven't decided, but we normally drive to DW.... I'm thinking that having the flexibility of our own car would be nice....Any thoughts??

karen :)

You may want to consider a hotel with a shuttle, like the radisson. You will be paying $70 for parking at the port on a 7 day, so that would cover a good part of your room.

over50visits
07-24-2005, 06:30 PM
You may want to consider a hotel with a shuttle, like the radisson. You will be paying $70 for parking at the port on a 7 day, so that would cover a good part of your room.

Agreed. Just remember to balance that against the great convenience of driving (both at arrival and departure time, see my post earlier).