PDA

View Full Version : French Rivera Beach Excursion?

salbythec
07-19-2005, 07:55 AM
I thought I read somewhere that this includes lunch and a beach chair, but on the DCL site it doesn't say anything about it
Does any one know?

castlegazer
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm bumping you up to help get an answer. I think it does include this, but i haven't been so I am not the expert. It definately does on other lines.

maminnie
07-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I checked with DCL the other day and it does include a drink of some sort on arrival, a chair, and lunch. I spoke to someone at the CC telephone number and asked her to review the details of the trip and she did.

Hope this helps.

maminnie

salbythec
07-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I checked with DCL the other day and it does include a drink of some sort on arrival, a chair, and lunch. I spoke to someone at the CC telephone number and asked her to review the details of the trip and she did.

Hope this helps.

maminnie

Thanks for the info!! :flower:

mostyn17
07-21-2005, 08:25 AM
This excursion is great. We have done it twice, but never ate the lunch. We have heard it is very good from other people. The beach is beautiful, the water is warm and all the areas are clean. It's one of our favorites.

I have some pictures if you want to email me. I will be more then happy to share.

travis.mm@verizon.net

Travis

p.s. On the way back, they will even drop you off in town for some shopping if you want.

shoes99
07-21-2005, 09:51 AM
The excursion was fine. You do get lunch, a beverage and a chair, but we paid extra for an umbrella. Don't remember the fee, but it was worth it to rent the umbrella.

jrabbit
07-21-2005, 11:33 AM
This is one of the times where I recommend NOT doing the DCL excursion. You can get to Orient Beach on your own (several years ago it was about $7 per person each way for the taxi). We rented two chairs and an umbrella for $10 or $20 (foggy memory) So for a family of 4 that would work out to about $76 (and I think that DCL charges about $45 per person). What you don't get with my DIY (Do It Yourself) plan is lunch. If you are that family of four you can buy a pretty nice lunch with the $104 that you saved on DCL's excursion!!

salbythec
07-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your replys!!! :cool1:

Mostyn17 : I sent you an email

salbythec
07-21-2005, 05:44 PM
This is one of the times where I recommend NOT doing the DCL excursion. You can get to Orient Beach on your own (several years ago it was about $7 per person each way for the taxi). We rented two chairs and an umbrella for $10 or $20 (foggy memory) So for a family of 4 that would work out to about $76 (and I think that DCL charges about $45 per person). What you don't get with my DIY (Do It Yourself) plan is lunch. If you are that family of four you can buy a pretty nice lunch with the $104 that you saved on DCL's excursion!!

It will be only the two of us this time, we are on a romantic vacation :love:
This sounds like a plan for us though, that way we can go by our time tabletable.
We also are looking at the day sail Lordsheffieldtours.com
The beach or sailing? :confused3