PDA

View Full Version : Eastern or Western Caribbean

S.Sunshine
07-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Looking for Opinons or Suggestions on Eastern vs Western Caribbean Cruise. Western :cool1: Eastern ???

mickeyboat
07-19-2005, 08:08 AM
I liked the ports on the Eastern better because I am a huge fan of St. John. I also liked the extra day at sea. The Western is more port-intensive, and many people say the excurions are better on the Western. It's a great decision to have to make, isn't it?

Denae

DrCavin
07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Eastern you get an extra sea day. We didnt think our kids would like Key West much so we went with Eastern.... Basically it comes down to which ports you want to visit...

mommasita
07-19-2005, 10:47 AM
We also prefer Eastern..Love St. Thomas, and the extra sea day. We have done the Western and loved it also. I would go Eastern unless my schedule did not allow it, then choose Western.. Having done them a couple of times, I am also anxiously awaiting something new, perhaps.. :confused3

MBFergie
07-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Another vote for eastern.

We love the extra sea day! Also, St. Thomas/St. John is so beautiful!! If only all our decisions in life were this hard...enjoy where ever you go it will be great.

TJGorman
07-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Another vote for the Eastern, due to the extra sea day.

Par8hed
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I've been fortunate enough to have visited all these ports a few times over. And at this point I try to avoid St. Thomas like the plague. I loved it the first time but now I have no desire to ever go there again. The reasons? For me anyway, there is something disturbing about going to a "tropical isle" and seeing Burger King's, Kentucky Fried Chickens, and so forth. For me thats an instant mood killer. Add in the metro style traffic jams in Charlotte Amalie with plenty of horn honking and I'm totally turned off of St. Thomas ( St. Johns however is a gem). Finally, the whole early morning immigration fiasco on DCL for St. Thomas seals the deal for me. In case you haven't guessed......I'll go for the Western.

UMTerp
07-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Vote for Western here too! We enjoyed both but prefer the extra port.
You can't go wrong either way!

UMTerp

tvguy
07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Vote for Western here too! We enjoyed both but prefer the extra port.
You can't go wrong either way!

UMTerp

Bottom line is you can't go wrong either way. But an Eastern would be my preference.

lindakmonty
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
I've only done the western.... 3 times and love it. it is nice while all the others are at the port you have the ship about to yourself!! I love Grand Cayman!! But our next cruise will be the eastern just to compare and love the days at sea!! you can't go wrong!!