PDA

View Full Version : What have you won from the silent auction....

TJHutch
07-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Just curious to see what everyone has won from the silent aution. I would love to bring a little magic home you could not otherwise buy from the gift shops.

sugarplumsmom
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
On the 4 day Wonder last August, we won the Captain's Hat/Cap and the Disney Wonder Life Preserver- it was very exciting and unique. On the 3 day Wonder in June we won a print/picture of the ship with the character signatures. DH now wants a life preserver from the Magic for the next cruise.

Laura

ganurse
07-18-2005, 09:33 PM
my husband bought or won a picture of the disney magic being put together..its really a nice pic. they shipped it for us and the frame was so chipped and banged up. it took months to get someone to acknowledge it or do something about. we looked at it for a while and we think it looks authentic

d'Isigny
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
we won a wall hanging of castaway cay - same as the one over some of the beds on the magic/wonder. it's special to us as this was something purchased to celebrate our 15th anniversary...we are returning for our 20th...not sure what we will bring home. can anyone comment on what is now offered ruing the silent auction?

jel0511
07-19-2005, 05:58 AM
Just so you know, the silent auction has been discontinued on the Magic and replaced by a real live art auction. It is MUCH more fun and there are MUCH better things available. They still have some of the same items that were available during the silent auction. This is a permanent addition to the Magic, as they are adding dedicated space for the art gallery while the Magic dry docks during October.

krdisneybound
07-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Yep, the auctions on the Magic are really something. Really big.

They bring big $$$'s to say the least.

IMHO - they are too fast for me.

I like the silent auction better - even tho you see who puts their name down.

webray
07-19-2005, 07:39 AM
We love the live auctions. We definately don't find them fast. In fact..the auctioner is excellent and will go as slow as necessary..even give couples a chance to talk quick before putting down hammer on final bid.

The live auctions are great.

The stuff at the silent auctions used to go for way to much money.

challada
07-19-2005, 09:47 AM
We were very suprised to win the complete set of artist proof pins of the repo cruise w/the map...for opening bid! There are only two sets of this (I am guessing they are holding the second set for the second repo) so it was great to get it at all! They were going to do this one on the first repo but held it back due to the craziness surrounding the pin...so auctioned it on first west coast cruise and most folks didn't know what it was. I was shocked the few people we knew who had done the repo and stayed on for our cruise did not bid on this one!

We also got a couple of Ducky LE prints that he then signed.

TJHutch
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Sounds like you all went home with some wonderful treasures. I wonder if they will change the silent auction on the Wonder to a live auction?

Windermere
07-20-2005, 08:27 PM
We've won several auctions.

3 times we got 2 Millenium cruise charger plates
1 time we got 1 Millenium cruise charger plates
1 time we got framed pictures of the back of each ship with the characters
1 time we got a complete set of pins 'Ever Wonder where the Magic ends'
1 time we got the navigational chart for our hurricane Jeanne cruise