PDA

View Full Version : Days Ins Suites Old Town Kissimmee

Moosysmom
07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
I was looking for a place to crash for the nite near disney shopping and Orlando Airport, after spending the weekend at the beach with my sister and reserved a room at the Days Inn Suites Old Town Kissimmee around 79/nite---Worst Place ever--holes in the walls---appears to be people sleeping by Dumpsters---Dumpsters not emptied---I was worried about leaving the car parked there--
Ended up getting a room at the Wyndham Palace (my sister and her friend didn't care how much just wanted a nice safe place to stay)
So I wanted to get this out here in case anyone was looking.
Lynn

OhioTony
07-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Mrs Ohio Tony here ( my name is Lynn too!) :wave2:

I wish I had read some of the posts on here before we reserved. Luckily we cancelled with no penalties after reading that someone was murdered at a resaurant in the vicinity. I'm like you-- we only needed one night before going to the parks and only to sleep for a few hours after driving for 16. We are going to stay instead at Holiday Inn Maingate.No amount of savings is worth not feeling safe.

HappyLawyer
07-18-2005, 10:58 PM
two words--never again

Miniefan
07-18-2005, 11:01 PM
I have never stayed at this hotel but I figured it was definitely a dump. We ate dinner at the Damon's restaurant that is right behind the Old Towne little carnival thing and we had the displeasure of viewing it while entering and exiting the restaurant. I really feel sorry for anyone who might book this hotel online not knowing about it. Maybe someone will see what the op has written.
Kim

NoelGypsy
08-25-2005, 07:01 PM
I was going to book at this hotel, now I am thinking twice about it. I got a rate of $39.00 a night for a one bedroom suite. The pictures I saw looked pretty nice. I have read some good and some bad reports on various websites...most people did not like it cause it was kind of noisy with Old Town next door to it.
We have 5 people, so we thought this would be the best way to go, and cheap. Does anyone have anything nice to say about the Days Inn Suites?? :confused3
Can anyone recommend any other places that are pretty cheap and are accomadating for 5 people and are 2 rooms?? Or someplace that have 2 rooms for a cheap price??
:goodvibes Everyone here is always so helpful ....
:wizard: Thanks in advance...

MagicalMom
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
We stayed there a couple of years ago. The price was right for our group of 7 & we were quite happy with it. I didn't notice any real problems. For the price I wasn't expecting anything fancy. We had a balcony over looking the pool & spent our evening out there relaxing. It was nice having room for the kids & the adults. I didn't see anyone sleeping in dumpsters or any holes in the walls. We were in one of the buildings in the front towards the main office. Maybe there is a difference in the buildings. I don't recall any holes in the walls. That was just my experiece. Check w/ DisneySteve (I think that's his name) because I beleive he has recent photos os the rooms. :)

BonnieA
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM
I've stayed there 5 years ago. It's probably gone downhill since. Even when I was there it was just a basic, no frills place. It served the purpose. But I've since discovered condo/home rental which is the way to go with a lot of people. Last January I stayed in a 3 bedroom condo for $399/wk. I've also stayed in 2 bedroom condo's I've gotten on skyauction for around $250/wk. Much better than Days suites.

Disneyjosh229
08-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Truthfully, whats the big suprise?

If you've visited Orlando before, you know that the "Old Town" area is a run down, high crime area. My expextations are usually not too high for Days Inns in general, but one in Old Town, watch out!!

Moosysmom
08-27-2005, 10:32 AM
We were supposed to be in a room way in the back, parking lot not very well lit and alot of people who were actually living there in the back, I'm guessing if you can get a room up by the office it would be okay

MidgeD79
08-27-2005, 07:55 PM
We have stayed there 2x most recently 6/04. We had no problems. I was too tired at night to hear any noise and i never felt un-safe. It was a little shabby but the plusses far outweighed any negatives. I loved going to the Super Walmart and getting pop and juce boxes and other food items to have for the week. If your a Walmart snob you probably won't like the Days Suites.

NoelGypsy
08-27-2005, 09:46 PM
I love Walmart!!!! :cool1:

Thank you everyone for all of your posts on the Days Suites. Kinda what I thought, it is ok, not luxury, which I was not expecting at all ;) I just need a place to sleep and take a shower. And I read Denny's is across the street...yummy!! We dont have Dennys here in NY so gotta get to Denny's ...LOL :rotfl:
My family that is going with me love to stay up all night and watch TV and then they sleep in. They can take the buses to Disney. I like to go to bed at a decent hour, it is never early though...LOL...and like to get up and get out of the room earlier then the rest of the family. That is why I need the two rooms. We shared a room at All Star Music last December and I really had a hard time sleeping with them watching TV all night...we are all on different schedules, so it is just better if we get 2 rooms, everyone will be happy them :goodvibes
I looked into the timeshares and I can not find a cheap one anywhere. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. If anyone knows where to look for timeshares that are decently priced please let me know. Thank you

sln88
08-28-2005, 12:29 AM
have you checked skyauction for a condo? we are going around the same time you are and got a 2 bedroom for a week for around $225 per week.

NoelGypsy
08-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi SLN88, I did check out skyauctions... I registered too. They do have GREAT prices it just seems I can not find the dates I need on there. I will be in Disney Oct. 27th to Nov 2nd. I was trying to figure out a way to email and ask if they had a suite for those dates, but I can not figure out where to email someone through Skyauctions. I am going to search around again and see if I can find somewhere to do it.
Bad thing is, I live in NY and I saw how great the prices were for Broadway shows with dinner on Skyauctions, not really a bad thing, it is just a bad thing for my wallet!!! LOL :rotfl:

Thank you for your help :flower:

****Update*** I figured out the dates... duh!!! I was looking in the wrong place :teeth:

faecrafter
08-31-2005, 11:17 PM
I've stayed there on my last two trips. One stay was 4 nights and the other for 2. It wasn't the nicest of places but I got what I paid for. I was actually there in Feb when the lady at the Checkers restaurant was killed. Crime happens everywhere but it was scary since it was during a busy time. There's a weekly car show at Old Town and it happened during the car show. I know this isn't the best of areas but if you want a cheap room you'll usually get very little. I can't remember the name of the place, but the motel behind the big orange fruit stand...definitely stay away from there. BAD! It was the first time I've ever left anyplace in the middle of the night. It was filthy, smelled awful and just plain scary.

DeeDeeDis
08-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Have stayed at the Days Inn Suites in the past, and thought not fancy it was clean and affordable, we also stayed right next door at the Quality Suites which were actually a little nicer and they had two bedroom suites.

Last month we spend one nite at a hotel that is advertised on this board, the Buene Vista Suites, its located right down the road from DTD, staff was very nice and helpful, rooms were clean they have two bedroom suites which have a sofa bed in the living room (Small fridge & Coffee Maker) and a bedroom with two queen (double?) beds. the two rooms are seperated by the bathroom. I believe the cost was only $89.00 and included a FULL buffet breakfast for all guests. They have an outdoor pool and restuarant onsite. It seemed like a nice area.

pampam
09-02-2005, 06:42 AM
The hotel behind the big orange is a Travelodge. I believe they call it Travelodge Orange. It is not to be confused with Travelodge Main Gate East, across the road from Old Town. We have stayed in that area many, many times. We love it. We've stayed at Travelodge main Gate East (5711 W. Irlo Bronson) about 10 or 11 times, and Days Suites 2 times. We stayed at Days Inn MGE once. And we stayed at Holiday Inn MGE 2 or 3 times. It is no longer a H.Inn. We like Old Town, and even when we are staying at Disney, we always go the the Saturday Night Cruise. That being said, the Days Suites was getting shabby, the last time we stayed there about 8 years ago. So, unless they have spent real $$ I would guess that is is even worse now.

dougsmom98
09-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Check out hotelmartusa.com. I just checked and they have a 2 bedroom townhouse at Fantasy World Villas for $69/night taxes already included. We stayed here for our last trip and it isn't fancy but I definately felt safe and I enjoyed the extra space with the kids and the washer and dryer. It is a little further down off of 192 than Old Town. You take a left at the Olive Garden and the villas are right there. Hotelmart also had a suite at Comfort Suites for $67/night. If there is any chance that the hotel is not safe, I would opt for something else.

mjh8955
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I think this is the place we stayed at a few years ago. We had no idea what we were getting into. The bungee jumping and horrible throbbing music at the carnival went on beside us until 2 in the morning. The place was filthy, furniture horribly uncomfortable, AC didn't work, the ad we saw led us to believe it had a full kitchen. What a surprise to find out if you wanted so much as a cup or a spoon you had to go to the front office and rent them. Never again. We look back and consider it a lesson learned. We go nowhere unless we check the place out on tripadvisor.com, etc.