PDA

View Full Version : Electrical outlets in cabin

cmhand30
07-18-2005, 06:33 PM
My DH uses a CPAP machine (used for sleep apnea) to sleep with every night. Are there outlets near the beds? And do we have to have his doc fill out the med form? Going on Wonder 9/1/05.

CM_Mom
07-18-2005, 06:57 PM
The only outlets near the beds are a different voltage than U.S. See http://www.dcltribute.com/faq/poweroutlets.htm for a great explanation of the outlets.

You should bring an extension cord for his machine.

kcashner
07-18-2005, 07:45 PM
If you have the medical form filled out, DCL will do everything they can to assist you--a small table to place the machine on, and extension cord if you don't bring one, etc. It can never hurt to have the form.

lbgraves
07-18-2005, 07:50 PM
If you have the medical form filled out, DCL will do everything they can to assist you--a small table to place the machine on, and extension cord if you don't bring one, etc. It can never hurt to have the form.

We take an outlet strip with us since there is only one outlet by the desk that we can use. We have the battery rechargers for the digital camera & video camera that we have plugged in most of the time so there is always one full battery ready for us.

Michelle2
07-19-2005, 01:08 AM
That is a great idea Lisa, and I know that we will always be charging some sort of battery, so that is helpful to know.

MrsMork
07-19-2005, 09:36 AM
The cpap machine will fit on the nightstand just fine. Do bring an extension cord. If you happen to forget the cord DCL will loan you one with a refundable deposit, but the one they loaned us on our first cruise was very big and very long (industrial extension cord) and was really in the way.

cmhand30
07-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the helpful information. Just need to get the DH to have the form filled out. And remember to take a power strip and a managable ext. cord.

MrsMork
07-19-2005, 09:39 PM
My DH does not take any medical form. We put the cpap thru the scanner every trip and no one has ever asked for a medical clearance. :confused3