PDA

View Full Version : new to cypress pointe

lorisnuts
07-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I need a little bit of help. This will be our first time staying at Cypress Pointe. But I am not familiar with area at all. I need directions on how to get to MK from cypress pointe.
thank you, lori

spiceycat
07-18-2005, 03:37 PM
you can get on I 4. that is probably the easy way to get there.

You can also turn left out of Cypress pointe, at the next traffic light turn right - hotel plaza blvd, go to the end of this road (ends at DD) where you can turn right at a traffic light on to a street (not a hotel), then about a mile down (might be less) pass the firestation (yes their firestation is very, very fancy), turn left at the first road - Disney Vacation Way (both the entrance to SSR and OKW are on this road) - at the end of this road (traffic light) - go straight - this is not a short cut to the MK - but definitely shorter to Epcot.

lorisnuts
07-18-2005, 04:17 PM
thanks so much. this helps alot. I have never been to disney for more than a day at a time. and always stayed off site with relatives. this is the first trip that we are there for a vacation. no relatives visits allowed. this will help out ALOT!! thanks again.

lorisnuts
07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
just wanted to add.... do you have any idea how long it takes to get to MK? we have a breakfast ps and i don't want to be late.

spiceycat
07-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I will probably take you around 15 to 20 minutes to drive there - but wait. add an hour.

You have to take WDW tram from you car to TTC, then you have to take a monrail or ferry over to the MK. this can take 45 minutes to over an hour.

so I would say hour and half to be on the safe side. You might get there early but better early than late.

if you have an early morning (before the parks opens) reservation you will be let into the park. Some CM won't - only people staying onsite are surpose to get early entry - but if they give you any problems talk to their manager. be sure to take your reservation number with you. they have been know to call and make sure it is good before they let offsite guest in the park.

lorisnuts
07-18-2005, 04:46 PM
thanks for all the information. we have an 8 am PS for breakfast. so telling me what you did will save me loads of trouble and time. we are going the end of sept. so hopefully the crowds will be smaller also.

spiceycat
07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
yes 8 am is definitely too early for off site. the park doesn't open until 9 am.

so be sure to bring your confirmation number.

since this is so early - try to get at the parking lot no later than 7:15. You have to take the monrail - so be sure to show the CM here your PS number so you can get on the resort monrail. I don't think the express monrail evens starts until 8 am.