PDA

View Full Version : Rental Home/Villa help...

drgnfly30
07-18-2005, 01:06 PM
We weren't planning on another visit to WDW for sometime but since DH won four round trip airline tix through AirTran... we can't pass it up! We were thinking about renting someplace this year but have no experience... can you suggest some areas, websites, etc... it doesn't need to be big (only 4 of us & maybe our small dog) but we'd like a private pool:)

Thinking about going the week after Easter (to avoid taking the kids out of school)....

Thanks in advance!

athurstance
07-18-2005, 01:33 PM
There are certainly villas that do accept dogs - try www.bettervillas.com/villas/villa53.aspx which accepts pets.

spiceycat
07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
the ones here with a paw print.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/region/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee

lots of places that did accept pets no longer due.

some pet owners actually came with pets who had fleas!~~~~

I can't believe that I am allergic to fleas and so is Spicey.

Fleas are harder to get rid of than roaches. So they are BIG problem for hotels/condo/villas.

so less and less places will accept pets.

drgnfly30
07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
the ones here with a paw print.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/region/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee

lots of places that did accept pets no longer due.

some pet owners actually came with pets who had fleas!~~~~

I can't believe that I am allergic to fleas and so is Spicey.

Fleas are harder to get rid of than roaches. So they are BIG problem for hotels/condo/villas.

so less and less places will accept pets.

Normally I wouldn't even consider bringing Bo along but we just went to NYC & left him with my Mom... she's getting older & just couldn't handle him... he's a whopping 10 lbs but acts like a spoiled 3 yr old with ADHD...

spiceycat
07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
:sunny: kept in mind that Disney has kennels and yes even if you stay offsite you can use them.

they are $11 per night for offsite, $9 for on site.

if you put your pet at a WDW kennel - rememer you need to walk him - I walk Spicey at least 3 times a day. I also feed him. But Spicey is old. I feed him just to make sure he is eating. They will feed your pet.

the one at Epcot will walk him too - once a day - you still need to show up the other 2 times.

your pet must have it current shots!!!!

also if you are flying you must have the certificate from your Doctor. I would wait until the last minute to get this because it is only good for 10 days. You will need it both ways (there and back).

the problem with waiting until the last minute if something is wrong with your baby - then it might take the medicine longer than you have to work.

you might also try a pet sitter.

of course, Spicey definitely comes with me. the few times I didn't take him the trip was not good. When he comes along everything is wonderful!!!

I tried a couple of times to stay in a place where pets were accepted - but he has a problem - he thinks I need to be up and going at 5 am EVERY morning. Fine when I am going to work - on vacation let me sleep!!!! :rotfl: :goodvibes :cool1:

torismom
07-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Sent you a pm :)

rosemary4126
07-22-2005, 07:30 PM
just came back from renting through the VRBO site - orlando family rentals. We have an elderly cat and got a referral to a pet sitter through our vet. The rental house had it's problems but I'd definately do it again. When we first got home I thought we had a few problems with the pet sitter but after going over everything we realized she did a fabulous job and I'd do it again in a heartbeat - with some adjustments in instructions. Your baby might be happier in his own home.