PDA

View Full Version : Palo-Wear, etc

KIMZKIDZ
07-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Ok..I know I've seen this ...but can't find the difinitive answer...

Can hubby just wear a button down to Palo...or should he add a tie if he doesn't want to be underdressed...

I think I read no jackets are required..what's the percentage of men wearing them/vs men not? I just don't want to have to lug a jacket if i don't need to...

MrsMork
07-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I believe they request a shirt and tie for dinner at Palo's. Actually, a jacket is "recommended", but we have seen gentlemen there with just a shirt and tie.

whetstone
07-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I went with just a disney polo shirt, no jacket or tie.

ldb1030
07-18-2005, 12:30 PM
PALO DRESS CODE

During dinner, gentlemen will be required to wear a dress shirt. Gentlemen wearing polo shirts, t-shirts, Tommy Bahama style shirts, etc will not be allowed admittance. Jackets and/or ties are still recommended but not required. Notices will be in the Personal Navigator, on the Palo reservation card and a sign outside the elevators on deck 10 will contain this dress advisory. The Resort Casual dress code for both the brunch and high tea remains unchanged.

ImMarcik
07-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Last weekend I went out and bought me a little black dress. I am really excited. I dress business dress at work and it will be fun to dress a little dressier for one night. My DH is planning on wearing either/or jacket and tie. Not sure what he has decided yet.

gemjoy
07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Last weekend I went out and bought me a little black dress. I am really excited. I dress business dress at work and it will be fun to dress a little dressier for one night. My DH is planning on wearing either/or jacket and tie. Not sure what he has decided yet.

:cool1: I'm with ya!! I dress business dress also.... and I'm really looking forward to a "little black dress and some strappy sandals!!" :cool1:

lbgraves
07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
While a polo is fine for brunch, they have been enforcing the dress code, per recent cruiser's reports.

bbowers
07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
When we went last Sept, the only male I noticed in a jacket was one of the crew having dinner there.

whetstone
07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
While a polo is fine for brunch, they have been enforcing the dress code, per recent cruiser's reports.

I got lucky then, we had Palo's this past Saturday night July 16th for dinner and had no issues with the polo shirt. Plus I saw others also wearing polos.

ImMarcik
07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
:cool1: I'm with ya!! I dress business dress also.... and I'm really looking forward to a "little black dress and some strappy sandals!!" :cool1:

I haven't bought the strappy sandals yet but they are next on my shopping list. :flower:

lbgraves
07-18-2005, 03:11 PM
It is disappointing that they are relaxing the dresscode for Palo now then. :( Sorry, you can say what you want to about the dining rooms but Palo is suppose to be the formal dining room with a special atmosphere.

MrsMork
07-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I agree. I hope they do resume enforcement, if they have relaxed it.

whetstone
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I was also surprised at how empty Palo was. According to the DCL website when I tried to pre-reg it, it was full. But when on board we had our choice when we wanted to go. It was pretty open. At one point during the cruise they even made an annoucemnt saying there was still plenty of Palo dinner openings.

Jsme
07-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I haven't bought the strappy sandals yet but they are next on my shopping list. :flower:

I just bought a pair to wear in September. I have not worn heels in years. I work in a High School. I do not have the need to be sexy at work. That would be called for dismissal if the boys thought that. :rotfl2:

My Dh mentioned he wanted me to get a pari so now i have to learn to walk in them. :rotfl2: I hope I can. Or it might be lady overboard on the next post! :rotfl:

lbgraves
07-18-2005, 08:58 PM
LOL! I did the same thing for our first cruise. I even had to pick up some shoes in FL because I couldn't find any black sandals here in NC in November. Be sure to do the old trick of scuffing up the bottoms. The floors in the public areas of the ship can be a bit slippery when walking in new heels. :)