PDA

View Full Version : What to wear for dinner on Casual nights

Hockeychic
07-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Trying to get my packing list together and was curious about casual night.

I have our formal and semi-formal outfits planned for dinners but what can we wear for cas...nights. Can you wear shorts if they are dressy shorts with a nice golf style shirt??? I don't want to get flamed....just curious since from reading this boards there are some rules that get a little bent..not broken just bent :rotfl2: I was just curious of this was one of them....

I can pack pants for everyone for every meal but just thought if we could wear nice shorts then it would save on packing space. DD and I plan on wearing summer dresses to cas dinners, I am more concerned on DH and DS.

Thanks

Jsme
07-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Do you have a pair of skorts that does not show the shorts part? You sould get by with that. It would just look like a mini skirt. Some wear shorts reguardless. It is just stated no shorts.

I normally take capri's and mini skirts and a pair of nice black pants. You can wear black a dozen times as long is it does not get dirty, just take several different tops. It also will cut down on the shoes you have to take. However, I still always over pack.

My kids tend to stay in their swimsuits more than anything during the day. I take plenty for them but for some reason they want to wear the same thing every day.

KAR3600
07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I am taking the 4 day Wonder on July 24 :Pinkbounc, I am packing two skorts (which do look like skirts the shorts are covered on both the front and back), and a nice pair of dress black pants, with 2 different tops. I'm in the processing of packing now and I keep adding to the suitcase. I am amazed at how much stuff I need to travel.

MrsMork
07-18-2005, 10:07 AM
The request is no shorts. Perhaps you could pack one pair of slacks for the gentlemen that they could wear for a short time each evening with different shirts. One pair each should not take up too much space.

Eeyorefan12
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
You didn't mention your DS' age but my DS9 wore the same pair of khakis to almost all the dinners. (He already has them for school.) He had a more formal pair of pants for formal night and wore khakis and a short sleeved or polo shirt to all the others. Your DH could probably do the same. No one (well, no DISNEY personnel--I can't speak for the self-described "people watchers" on this list! LOL!) will kill him for wearing shorts but he might be more comfortable in Dockers. Again, one or two pair of pants and different shirts and you're done. :-)

One thing I don't see people mention is that it's VERY easy to do a quick load of laundry on board. I did laundry twice and, looking back, could have packed half of what we did.

CB

pppiglet
07-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I didn't notice any men in shorts on our cruise at dinner time. My DS & DH wore Dockers or Dickies for casual nights with nice shirts. I wore capris or skirts. I also did laundry on board and will pack 1/2 the amount of clothes next time!

FreeTime
07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
For casual night my DH wore dress pants and polo type shifts. The girls wore skorts. I wore black capris (3 nights on our trip!) with a dressy top. I would feel uncomfortable not being at least a little dressed up.

mark & sandra
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
yes you can were dress shorts or capries that is fine where what you feel comforitable in and dont ask about a formal outfit it will just set forth a big speel that you dont want, to many people feel that you should dress their way and you should not dress in what you like,the dress code isent inforce at all so what ever you were will be just fine good luck

sandra

Hockeychic
07-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Thanks everyone for your input

Par8hed
07-19-2005, 07:02 AM
DCL asks that shorts not we worn in the dining room at any time. To do so on semi-formal night is clearly pushing it.
Yes. Ultimately you CAN wear whatever you want and whenever you want. You CAN also go to church in a thong bikini or show up at your childs graduation in a mini skirt with thigh high leather boots. You may be comfortable this way. But that still doesn't make it appropriate.

MrsMork
07-19-2005, 09:32 AM
well said, Par8hed!