PDA

View Full Version : DCL Parking Lot

explorer1977
07-18-2005, 10:23 AM
How sahe and secure is the DCL parking lot. We are going on our cruise the second week of september and I'm a little worried about damage if say a hurricane come in well we are out to see. Check with me insurance and I;m tottaly covered but it would be a pain to get back to Ontario. I'm not overly concerned but just wondering. And has anyone ever left there vehicle at WDW and is that even possible and just take the transfer. Oh well would just like to know but we will drive anyways and not have a care in the world well we are onthe Wonder.

Thanks

UGAFan0829
07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Because we live in GA, and are somewhat close we drive to PC. I'm not sure about how safe it would be if a hurricane were to come, but I don't think it would be any safer anywhere else.
As far as safety in general, the lot seems to be very secure, and the DH and I didn't have any second thoughts about leaving our vehicle there on our last cruise, and will do it again when we cruise in Jan.

explorer1977
07-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks UGAFan0829 for your quick response. WE have no worries about leaving our vehicle there with concern to theft or things of that nature as I just have read that it is fenced and gated. Thank you for your response it is always so appreciated.

Jsme
07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
My husband works for an insurance company. He was in Florida for 3 1/2 months last year. If you were to ask him...he would say, "Not safe at all." I have never thought of this aspect of cruising. We did go out on a NCL cruise just hours before Andrew hit Homestead years ago, but we fly down and took the cruise transportation.

UGAFan0829
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Sure thing. I understand you being concerned about a hurricane....that is understandable! Let's keep our fingers crossed that you don't have to worry about that!! :wizard:

vcasey
07-19-2005, 08:19 AM
A little of the thread topic, but can I ask how much it costs to park nowadays?

UGAFan0829
07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Last time we were there back in Jan., it was $10/day.

kcashner
07-19-2005, 09:49 AM
We were at WDW for Jeane last year. Fortunately, we had no damage to our vehicle, although there were trees down right behind our resort room (it knocked out our air conditioning).
Parking at the port was $10 per day. It is fenced and guarded, but nothing will protect from storm damage if it hits the wrong place.

No, you are not allowed to leave your car at WDW and take the transfers. THere are hotels at Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach that allow you to leave cars there. However, those lots are not fenced or guarded.

drdelsol
07-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't worry about hurricane damage. To vehicles it seems usually to something falling on it and there isn't much in that parking lot. Also, last year we got a lot more damage inland here then they did on the coast near the port.