PDA

View Full Version : bed rails for convertible sofa

jstevens1
07-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if DCL has bed rails you can attach to the convertible sofa? We have a 2.5 yr. old and want to avoid using the porta crib if at all possible.

castlegazer
07-18-2005, 09:19 AM
:Pinkbounc WELCOME TO THE DIS!!! :Pinkbounc

I think they do. Hopefully this bumps you up to have someone else answer who has used them.

DrCavin
07-18-2005, 09:23 AM
I would think you could use the same ones that are used for the bunk.

FirstTimeCruiser
07-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Our almost 2 year old slept in the convertible twin bed and as soon as our room steward introduced himself he asked if we wanted bed rails. When he turned down the bed at night, he had the rails in place and in the morning, he stored the rail behind the sofa. It worked out really well.
Suzy

jstevens1
07-18-2005, 09:50 AM
We did order a crib in a cat 10. Would it be a tight fit? He has never slept in anything over than a crib or pack n play.

mickeyboat
07-18-2005, 12:10 PM
The bed rails are the "mesh" type - Graco ones - the same ones we had on the kids' beds at home. Does your son wiggle a lot when he sleeps? I would think the bed rails would be fine. We did not have a porta-crib in our room, but I do think it would take up a lot of space and be tough to get around.

Denae

HooKooDooKu
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
While we asked for bed rails on our last cruise, once we say how low the convertible sofa is, we opted to just skip them all together for our 2-1/2yo. Of course in his case, he's been sleeping on a regular bed since he was 16mo. We started with just a matrise on the floor. Of course those first few weeks, he fell out a few times. But since then we've added the box-spring under the matrice and havn't had any issues. Since the convertible sofa was barely higher than the matrice on boxsprings on floor, we skipped.