PDA

View Full Version : Passport photos

need_a_Disney_fix
07-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Where is a good place to have passport photos taken? Walgreen? Kinkos? :confused3

kcashner
07-18-2005, 09:09 AM
The cheapest place you can find! Most places have instant passport photos....Walgreens here is $7.99. DOn't know about other places. The nice thing is that many places don't require and appointment and only take 5 minutes.

imomtojd
07-18-2005, 09:17 AM
If you have AAA they do it for free. Otherwise Kinkos is a great place.

Lisa :earsboy:

DrCavin
07-18-2005, 09:20 AM
You can do them yourself as well.... You can look here for details on doing this:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

goofymama
07-18-2005, 09:23 AM
or Costco, if you are a member.

#1Mouse
07-18-2005, 09:37 AM
We just did ours at Costco for $4.99. They were actually good quality photos. I was expecting drivers license photos. The lady at the Post Office mentioned if you have them done at Walgreens or CVS to make sure that they are the exact size they are suppose to be. She said she sends people back to those two places on a regular basis because the photos are too big. It shows an outline on the application.

tvguy
07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
We had ours done at the local luggage and travel outfitters store for $4.99

Billinaz
07-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I did ours at home and printed them.

They dont attach them to the passports anymore, they scan them in. If you do it yourself you can get the photo you like instead of whatever the photo looks like when they take it for you.

spellhex
07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
We got it done the same place we were getting our passports... Not sure about the cost, though, but it was very easy as we didn't have to travel to different places to get the pictures taken, to get the birth certificuts, and then get the passports (BTW, if you have an abstract birth certificut, like my brother did that he used for baseball, trade it in for the regular one. Both the passport people and sports leagues don't accept them anymore. Well, at least in California and Texas).

lotsofboys
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM
We did ours at home as well. For a family of 5 it is a significant cost savings and so easy to do yourself.

Keggy
07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I didn't realize you could do them yourself at home! I will get the guidelines from the website and just do my at home!

Much easier!

Kelly

mrsfuzzmo
07-18-2005, 04:16 PM
We've done ours at home for the last couple of passports (renewal, change of name and a new one). They have all worked out well.

Billinaz
07-18-2005, 05:57 PM
We needed to get 5 as well, and it was a great savings.

Just get the guideline for the head size and make a few different sizes of your photo. I transferred mine into Microsoft Word and after printing a rough draft I held the template behind the photo and got the exact size we needed.

tvguy
07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
We got it done the same place we were getting our passports... Not sure about the cost, though, but it was very easy as we didn't have to travel to different places to get the pictures taken, to get the birth certificuts, and then get the passports (BTW, if you have an abstract birth certificut, like my brother did that he used for baseball, trade it in for the regular one. Both the passport people and sports leagues don't accept them anymore. Well, at least in California and Texas).

Techinically, Little League has never accepted abstract birth certificates...however some local league weren't being very good about checking. Little League starting cracking down 5 years ago. Especially after the Danny Armana (sp) mess in the Little League World Series several years ago.

TootyJane
07-18-2005, 08:34 PM
If you have AAA they do it for free. Otherwise Kinkos is a great place.

Lisa :earsboy:

Was just in the AAA website AAA California (http://www.aaa-calif.com/TRAVEL/TIPS/RESOURCEDETAIL.ASPX?CAT=PASSPORTS&OID=62320). Scroll down a bit. They say passport photos are $8 for members and $15 for non-members. Maybe it's different in every state or office?